Ever liked an emotionally unavailable person?

i went through it recently

really grew to like him and ended up having to end it because he would not commit..

your stories?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yup, same here. He has refused to ever make us official. It is hard to talk to him; he always wants to hear about me and will listen to me prattle for hours, which I do, but getting information out of him is like pulling teeth. It's hard. Initially it feels like rejection, but I'm learning to work with it. I'm hoping to get him to open up, but maybe he's just not that kind of person.

• the SAME thing happened to me. once he spilled a secret and freaked out that he told me a secret. he would always ask about me yet keep his life private. honestly, I waited and wanted him to chance but he did not. truth is that if they go into it like that, they won't ever really want to change..especially if they get everything they want without having to settle. I did not go far with this guy sexually but still..kisses are enough to make him be like I have that without committing.

• See, I still think that given enough time, he will open up. I'm noticing little things about him. He used to completely ignore my questions about even mundane things like, "How was your day?" Now he gives me little details. He still focuses the conversation on me, but it's a start. It's a combination of him getting comfortable with me and me pushing him into a new comfort zone. I don't think it's that he doesn't trust me. I think he's having a hard time letting himself get attached.

What Guys Said 2

• yeah I have, it's one of the worst things you can pursue.

• I seem to run into a lot of them. Nowadays I just move them aside and keep walking...tired of never having anyone to give a f*** about or not having them give one about me.

What Girls Said 1

• well personally I'm a emotionally unavailable person and I have gone through may events that involve people getting hurt. I do it without realising. However I'm not proud of these as I hate knowing I have broken somebodys heart. Its strange as I stilll dream of that guy I would fall in love with...xxxx