Is it sad to learn how to be good with women?

if you just aren't one of those guys who naturally have the personality or whatever that attracts lots of hot women without trying, is it ever sad or pathetic to then start reading up articles and stuff to learn how to be better with women?

Most Helpful Girl

• . . . . Don't be a "bad boy", you want to attract girls who jump into guys' beds that easily? More like you aren't attracted to the right type of girl. Romance? With her? Won't happen, not with her bad guy either. I've never been attracted to that type, so I'm not qualified to say it's true that when girls go for bad guys, it's because they're harder to be "special" for, but most people explain it similarly. Instead of letting guys do the chasing, those girls sometimes do, break through his "tortured soul" -gag- unless they're a masochist I can hardly see alternative reasons. Lots of nice girls are attracted to douches, too, but I think it would be better off (relationship searching wise) to just not be too puppy doggish. Just don't jump to buy her everything, text her first every time, etc. Be a bad boy only to get sex crazed girls in bed, then resume your actual "personality" during daylight hours. It should be easy to pull off, at a party you can be all "that's just an image" and all dark and secretive, ooooh. Sounds kind of mean, and it is, and really manipulative, but better that than actually becoming a wham-bam-thank you ma'am guy not worried about the girl's expectations or feelings. So, only crazy sex loving girls. If you' can't find them, you're not looking hard enough. There are tons who don't cost money.

What Girls Said 3

• oh god no! if you don't just follow them blatantly but maybe try to incorporate a bit of your own style into it. sometimes when I'm at a loss I read up articles on how to impress guys or something like that. just use your brain with it, and women all over the world will be thankful that there's a guy out there trying his best to be nicer to them :)

• tbh,i am not sure I am trying to be nicer to them.you see,i have always been more of a nice guy than a bad boy,and a girl was initially attracted to me when I put on a bad boy facade,but my natural nice guy personality came through after a while so she lost her romantic interest and slept with a guy who was playing her,so I started reading up articles about how to become more of a bad boy that attracts girls,in fact,she ditching me for that guy helped me grow a backbone and become more bad boy.

• oh...ok...not sure what to say to that. but I doubt she lost her romantic interest in you because you weren't a bad boy. read up on it.

• NO! Not at all. In fact it takes courage and the kindness of your heart to want to do that. You must really want to meet the girl of your dreams then :)

• i do, I do, I want to meet the girls of my dreams, unfortunately, I have chosen to meet them at nightclubs as currently that is the only way I can get to meet beautiful single girls, since I don't have much of a social circle.

• so do you find you meet the wrong kind of girl? because you can find the better kind sometimes at libraries, supermarkets, the park...u know, the places they show in romantic movies. (it probably sounds stupid :/) it's not to say you won't find the right girl at a night club. :)

• Learning isn't something bad/pathetic or even sad, we all grew up learning, learning is of human nature.

What Guys Said 6

• is it sad to learn how to read?how to do finance?how do kick a football? anything you want to get better at, you have to learn about. no it's not sad. in fact most of the guys who write those articles that you're reading started out as dateless, including the author of the worlds best selling pick up artist book

• Well, call me pathetic for doing so

Im sure these articles are there for a reason. I prefer to do the best I can and if people call it pathetic then so be it

No its not

• IMO it's fine. In fact, I read an article recently that explains a lot about me.

• i don't think so

• Only if you think it's sad and pathetic to get laid by hot women. If you think it's less sad and pathetic to keep doing the same thing and have to beg and plead to get with mediocre girls, then by all means, go ahead and do that.

• No, it's not sad. It makes perfect sense.

Most guys who have those skills, weren't born with them. They learned them. Usually they learned them years ago, so it looks natural now.

No harm in starting late - I didn't learn how to cycle until I was 10, and drive a car until recently. When it came to being social, confident, and having success with girls, I was in my 20's and just about ready to leave college, when I started to apply myself seriously to the problem of the ladies...

• what did you do to become successful, if you can share?

• I started paying more attention to guys who were successful with women. I also threw out all my preconceptions. Then I started working from the ground up, on what skills I needed. That meant confidence, sense of humour, flirting skills, knowing how to build a woman up and shoot her down. How to give the impression that there was always something more to me than they could see. It made me appear interesting enough to continue talking to.

Beating shyness and building confidence were the biggies.

• thanks