GUYS: How come you suddenly don't text back?

So there's this guy I like, and back in January I'm sure he liked me, but then he became convinced I like someone else and I think he sorta gave up on me. But since we've had a lot of great convos since. He works all the time and also does a lot with music, and now he's graduated from high school so our only form of communication is texting. I don't text him that often, but I want to know why sometimes he'll respond RIGHT away (even if he's writing a song or something) and others he just won't ever respond. And why sometimes he uses smilies in every text and asks about my day and other times doesn't use any or ask about me.

I mean, if you liked a girl and she texted you, wouldn't you always respond and use smilies and ask about her day?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll answer this: "I mean, if you liked a girl and she texted you, wouldn't you always respond and use smilies and ask about her day?"

No. I am not glued to my phone. I often times will miss a text, or am in situations where I cannot respond right away, and then become enamored in work or whatever to the point of forgetting that a received a text at all. This is normal behavior. Don't worry, being upset about this normal behavior is normal as well, even if it is irrational. Best to let it go and not read into sh*t.

What Guys Said 2

• you're reading into this too much. you answered your own question tho. Look how busy he is. Honestly, sometimes we get sidetracked, we forget to answer, to check our phones, heck! sometimes I even fall asleep. We can't be expected to answer back in like 20 seconds and always put our full thought into all of our texts. relax. you're over thinking.

• No. I think you're reading into it too much.

What Girls Said 1

• Guys aren't always stuck on their phones 24/7. Take it easy.