Would telling her be a mistake?

I am still very much in love with my ex despite it being 4 years since we split, however she has no idea as I decided to keep my dignity and hide this fact from her. I didn't once before and it led me to a terrible place; with us falling out for over a year. When we became re-acquainted, her feelings for me came back but I hid mine away, obviously terrified to be hurt again. We aren't entirely out of each others' lives now, I mean we have plenty of mutual friends- her best friend is pretty close with me actually. However she's been with someone else for 3 years. Would letting her know I still have feelings for her be a mistake?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think any good can truly can of it. If she had been single then maybe there would be a chance to get back together but I don't think that's going to happen now. If anything, you telling her could make things uncomfortable for her when she's around you and she'll know in the back of her head that you aren't really over her after all this time.

What Girls Said 1

• Follow your heart, If you want to be with her tell her. That's the problem with a lot of people today, We keep to much to ourselves and miss the opportunities . But I would get a good read on her first, You need to get her alone some kind of way. If it's only for 30 minutes, Then kinda see where her head is. Than take it from there. Do you guys live is the same state or long distanced

• we live in a tiny country which is a city in itself so yes we do live nearby. 15 min drive actually.

What Guys Said 3

• I believe it would be. She's been with someone else for 3 years which means it could result in her writing you off for good. Maybe it'd be best for you to not talk to her anymore. Being around or communicating with someone you have feelings for who no longer feels the same way is only bothersome.

• 4 years? time to move on man your just torturing yourself. those days are gone, there's plenty of sweet hearts out there. there's plenty more good times to be had.

• She is/has been with another guy(s) = damaged goods. It's time to move on to someone new. Telling her anything would be a mistake.

You should have moved on 3 ¾ years ago.