Is it true that if a guy treats his mother well then he'll treat you well?

I have no clue where I read/heard this but I was wondering if this is true. Like if he is respectful to his mother and is close that he will be a good boyfriend/ husband?

And I don't mean that he will treat you LIKE his mother. lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• I probably treat my mother better than the girlfriends in my life. My mother has NEVER let me down. She is the kind of woman that many females could only hope to aspire to. I don't hand out blanket respect to women, as they simply don't deserve it.

My respect for a girl is based upon her ability to earn it. That's not the same thing as me being downright disrespectful towards them. I just don't believe a girl deserves golden treatment until she's proven herself to a winner.

My mother has nothing to prove, whereas a potential girlfriend has everything to prove. The experience she gives me will be the measure of my respect, or lack thereof towards the girl in question.

What Guys Said 9

• No, only if you remind him of his mother. Otherwise, if you don't measure up to her, you'll get rejected no matter what you do..watch out for guys who use their mother as a gold standard!

• In my opinion, I think guy who treated their mother badly will also treat their girl badly. But guys who treat their mother well may not necessarily treat their girl well.

• I vaguely remember hearing something like this before. Some people may have various issues with their mother, doesn't mean for sure they will be rude etc. towards you, but if he seems well mannered in general to people he meets I'm sure he will treat you right. If he treats his mother with a lot of respect it may be a very good sign he is well mannered.

• 2 different types of guys like this.

#1 is the guy that grew up as a individual around his mother's influence and learned how to treat other people in general.

#2 is the guy that grew up as a slave to his mother's wishes and treats her well out of fear.

#1 is the guy you're referring to, and we're a rather rare breed.

#2 is the guy you want to avoid at all costs, because he -only- cares for satisfying himself or his mother.

From what I hear, you can really tell us apart from physical contact. We in #1 are much more open and accepting (masters of the bear hug) while those in #2 is very jumpy and reclusive (will be very surprised and alert from a simple touch).

• I think it's very true. A man that does not treat his mother well is no a man at all. (unless there's a specific reason)

• i think there is a measure of truth to this but its not really that simple

• I don’t think this is true since most men would obviously treat their mother better compared to any other woman.

• Eh..maybe..but I don't believe that...:S

• not true at all.

What Girls Said 3

• No I know guys who are mamma's boys but dog the sh*t out of girls

It also depends on the relationship he had with his mom and what he's seen her go through. Guys who have seen different "uncles" in and out of their moms life, while they may love their mom, they tend to have a generalized disrespect for women.

• Yep, very true.

• Hey Forget my answer, it is true sometimes and sometimes it is not. It depends.

• its not true just because he treats his mom well dpes not mean he is going to treat you well lol