Do girls prefer to date guys that are known to have had multiple girlfriends before?

The reason I'm asking this is that I feel at my school, that guys like me who date rarely are overlooked when considered as boyfriend material. Like if girls consider the dating history of a guy an important feature to distinguish.

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I'd rather the number of ex's be low. Like, below 3. This number can rise as the individual gets older. I'd not expect a 26 year old to have had only three failed relationships. But at my age (18) I feel like anything more than 3 is quite a bit.

What Girls Said 3

• Well, not for me. I like a guy who's fresh, maybe had a relationship once or twice, but not over the top. Just enough to know at least the basics of what girls like/don't like, then I'll teach him from there :)

Remember that all girls are different, what we want may not be what your last girlfriend wanted.

• thanks! your answer helped me understand a little of what I was thinking.

• I don't think the number of people a guy has dated is the first thing that is worried about.

If that did ever come to mind though, I would prefer someone who didn't date many girls. Having dated a lot of guys, it can only mean a few things- 1. They don't like investing themselves/committing, 2. No girl can handle them for a long period of time, or 3. they just had bad luck- but no one ever considers the coincidental answer haha

• no I don't like this kind of guys.i always think relationships with these guys are not last.

What Guys Said 3

• Another way to look at it would be the guys who have dated probably have more qualities girls find attractive; Confidence, which may also lead to walking up to girls more easily, then asking if they want to hangout or something.

• No but at the end of the day, they will forget about it, because if he has had a lot of girlfriends before he knows the right things to say to women at the right time.

• I think there is a happy medium between not having enough and having too many. If you have too many, some girls will be turned off because you're probably a player (but there will still be plenty of girls for you to choose from). If you don't have that many, they might see you as not as desirable as other guys.

They often say "Why are all of the good guys taken?" Clearly, they are not, but they are attracted to guys that other girls have found desirable.