Out of my league? Is it normal?

There is this guy on campus who happened to be in one of my classes a few quarters back. We will never have anymore classes together because we're in two totally separate majors.

He seems to be interested in me but has not ever actually said anything. I tried to drop hints: such as sitting closer to him, getting into the same group as him, etc. He seems to look at me a lot and he does strange things when I see him in the hallway.

The problem is...whenever I have the opportunity to say anything I feel like it's hopeless. It feels like this guy is way too attractive to be talking to me and that it would be a waste of time to try to initiate anything. I feel like maybe he'll make fun of me, or maybe I've misinterpreted the signals since he hasn't made any effort to speak to me. Is this normal? What should I do the next time the opportunity comes up?

Saying "hi" seems weird since we've never actually spoke, and I haven't had any classes with him since last fall? Bleh. Maybe I shouldn't do anything at all and forget about it? I don't know what to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• What?! First off, that out of my league stuff is horsesh*t. There is no such thing! Some people are shallow and only date based on looks, but those people will always be disappointed in their options. Second, you didn't share anything to let us know why you think he digs you, but if that is true then you should talk to him sometime or give him your phone number. It is not that hard, next time you see him stop him and say something about not seeing him much now because you don't have class together andngive him your number. If he is into you, you'll hear from him.

Forget all that that other crap, and go get him.

What Guys Said 3

• i think he's a shy attractive dude(like me)if he's as cool looking as you say he is he would have been confident,player type guy who would have liked your attention and played around with you(and left you if you are really not in his leage)i say make a move

• Are you saying that your not attractive too? You lack confidence in yourself

• I feel fine until I'm presented with the opportunity to speak to him alone. It seems like all my confidence disappears within those few seconds. :l

• Wear something that you feel confident in and then approach him, treat him as you would treat your friends, make yourself feel that you are above his league. That should do the trick.

• You don't see him much anyway, misewell say something like "hey haven't seen you since ___"

He may be shy aswell the first conversation is the hardest to make. If he seems like an a**hole who would start laughing and making fun of you not sure why you would be hung up on him, even some of the worst guys at my school wouldn't do that unless the girl was a complete bitch to them.

What Girls Said 2

• I agree with TimmyThomas. Don't give yourself the mindset of whether or not he's "out of my league". Go for it and keep with the conversations. Maybe he's just shy, but we won't really know until time passes a bit.

• i'm in a similar situation as you :/ if you think he likes you, you should probably talk to him. in the long run, it is better to make a move than not know anything