What does it mean when a guy says he really likes you but doesn't want a relationship?

I have been talking to this guy for almost 2 months and he's always trying to make time for me during the week because he works everyday. He always calls me cute and says how much he misses me. I told myself I wouldn't like him because the last relationship I had, it ended terrible. He sometimes acts like we're together and dating, like he told me that I'm his and he doesn't want anyone else to have me. He said he hasn't been talking to any other girl and he doesn't want me to either. The other day we were listening to boyfriend #2 and he's like so that makes me boyfriend #3 because I've only been with 3 guys, so I'm like uhh I suppose. He always sings to me about how cute I am, which he knows I hate being called cute. He also said that he was "in love with me" then said he was just kidding. Other times we are together, he acts like we're strictly friends. I've told him that I like him a lot and he just says he really likes me too he just doesn't want a relationship. Now, I don't know what to think. Our relationship is light and fun and we both love being with each other so I don't know what the problem is. I don't want to jump right into a relationship either but I want to at least give it a try sometime. There's been times that he just sits there and stares at me, without saying anything. He has made me feel like no other guy has before. And I really want to know what he is thinking.

Most Helpful Guy

• most likely he's just looking for fwb

What Guys Said 2

• He's is not ready for a relationship with you but then he shouldn't expect you to wait around for him.

• He's not willing to make a commitment.

What Girls Said 1

• like he said, he's just not ready for a relationship yet

date other guys, make him jealous