Why do so few girls on dating sites reply?

and most of these girls I see log on regularly for months and years on end...

like I read their profiles, try to act interesting, and maybe a few percent reply... that's just super mean. What the heck are they looking for? :/

Most Helpful Guy

• If you don't have really good pictures of yourself, get a friend's DSLR and take some action shots. Boring shots of you in your living room don't do much for most girls. When you send a girl a message, keep it short and tease her, don't bother reading her profile for every "interesting" detail. Every other guy is doing that and sending her the same messages.

Create a fake profile with a picture or two of an average, not really attractive woman. Watch the male responses and get an idea of what girls through the girl's mind when she reads all of them.

Read this article:

link

There are far more men online than women. You're best bet to get results is to start hitting on girls regularly offline. Many women, even the really fat ones have an entitlement mentality online.

Also, many girls are online strictly for ego boosts or have outrageously high standards which few men can meet and would rather stay single than date an average man.

Improve your flirting skills and take it offline would be my advice. Most of the best girls to be found are NOT online. The ones you DO want online, are swamped by all the other men messaging them like crazy. Put yourself in a position to win and you will win.

• I got pics of me in exotic places

• Why would I wear nice shoes on a hike involving water?

• Girls are odd when it comes to feet. They often don't want to see a guy's open toes. I know it is silly, but girls are silly at times. I don't know why girls are so against sandals on a guy, but if you took a poll here on GAG, you'd see the votes stack up quickly. Don't expect girls to always make sense and you'll go further. lol

What Girls Said 3

• Aww that sucks maybe dating in real life is better

• Maybe they don't go on their profile every single day

• you can see if they do

• Maybe she doesn't take the site serious like I made an account just to see if it was reall and I don't know how to delete it I said on my profile the picture isn't even really me and I'm not who I am but guys just still send message with their number

What Guys Said 5

• I land average girls every once in a while on dating sites. My roommate seems to get the hotties. He has pictures of himself in Afghanistan looking all badass and a pic of him on the beach flexing showing off the muscles that he got after a cycle of steroids. He is about to become a nurse. He is 6'4" and probably an 8 for attractiveness. A lot of girls say he appears to be the only normal guy on these sites which I don't get. He is an above average catch compared to every other guy on the site so I think that women are just really picky when they are on these sites.

IDK bro a lot of women are just as shallow and as picky as men. Everyone wants to feel like they are special and that they can catch the best fish. I am a bland looking white dude of 5'11" and I have to work hard for my strange. Also height matters a lot with women. If you aren't well above 6' you are going to have to settle sometimes.

• I forgot to mention that he has hotties messaging him. He gets a reply from girls like 70% of the time. Moral of the story is work out a lot, be tall, have blue eyes and good facial features and a decent job and you're golden. Anything short of that then you are instantly put on the back burner.

• Well, apparently, they are not looking for you. Dating sites are not that interesting. I think a lot of people lie, at least women do. It's much better to gauge a person face to face.

• someone they find attractive maybe :[

• i think a lot of girls on online dating sites are just using the site to boost their ego, since they get bombared, flooded with messages

• online dating is like the lottery for guys