Soul mates - do they exist?

Do soul mates exist or not? what's your relationship theory?

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe there are many types of soul mates. They can be that one best friend that you can't imagine ever living without, a mentor of some sort (my dad is one that comes to mind), that one friend that you feel like is your twin because you are so in tune with each other. I think the romantic type of soul mate is more rare and a little harder to find for most people.

I feel like I've found my romantic soul mate though. There's an indescribable feeling of completeness when I see him and being in his embrace is all I need in the world. I am my own person, don't let this make you think that I'm just a desperate person who needs to depend on him. We are two complete individuals who simply feel as though we are fated for each other. I realize others may not believe any of this, but its what I feel and know to be true, so therefore it is true for me. :)

What Guys Said 6

• Yes they do.. Mines in NYC...

I talk to her here and there... We know were both soulmates cause when were together... everything is in slow motion... Literally.. When people walk by, when were together its like we only have us, and everyone else goes on with there lives...

We arents together cause, she has work there And I have work here. But we do talk once a week... I try to go down there as much as I can, and she does the same with coming to toronto...

Anyways, they do exist.

• Do you think she is the only one?

• Yes, I do believe she is my other half. And she does aswell.. Its just work and timing is wrong.. But we do keep in touch... Mabe one day... Who knows ill move there, or she will move here...

• I am so glad someone else feels the same way. I find with mine, we will call each other at the same time ( resulting in either just a line getting picked up, or it being engaged). We can also tell when the other one is hurt. There was a year where we were not talking, and he broke his leg. During this time, I went to the doctor with leg pain. After x-Rays, MRI the doctor couldn't find anything. It wasn't until much later I mention it to him, and he said that it has the same time he broke his leg. also when we meet, it is like time just stops, and like no time has passed since I have seen him. It is just really comfortable. And the sex-wow it feels like my heart will burst to stop. Unfortunately, we are not together, a relationship with him is so so very intense, it can be a bit much at times.

• Nearly all marriages, even happy ones, are mistakes: in the sense that almost certainly (in a more perfect world, or even with a little more care in this very imperfect one) both partners might be found more suitable mates. But the real soul-mate is the one you are actually married to. - J.R.R.Tolkien.

Now its not always that way, but that's the only real type of soul mate there is. Its not some magic person walking around out there. Someone _can_ become your soul mate, through mixing chemistry and commitment and sharing a life together.

Not that many people achieve it, sadly.

• if you believe in fate or a higher power that has a plan, then yes. Also, if person can instantly connect to you on every level, what is sort of a soulmate. Yet, the premise of the word soul mate usually refers to a belief that there is an entity that will guide someone to their perfect match, which I would reject completely, so no there are not soulmates but there are people who can feel like a soul mate based on connection

• When it comes to love people doubt the existence of two things: chemistry and soulmates - both of them are said to be extremely rare.

I have experienced true chemistry/connection few times with certain girls in my lifetime - but have never found a 'soulmate'

So...

• no this is the silliest thing I think a woman has ever made up.

• No way. That's a silly idea, more suitable for children who still believe in Princesses and Prince Charming.

What Girls Said 4

• Soul mates are like "your other half" hmmm I love the way I am so is that saying I'm going to hate this other half guy?

• I believe they do

• No, they don't.

• yes