I asked the girl I like whether there was a chance that we could ever be together?

I asked the girl I like whether there was a chance that we could ever be together. She replied with "The fire you ignited burns undecided. However your light is purple." I have no idea what this means. I would appreciate any help.

Most Helpful Girl

• Jeez why is her answer too complicated?

Ok, I will try my best:

"The fire you ignited burns undecided" - the fire you ignited (you asking her if there's a chance you could ever be together) is undecided, because you can never predict a chance, I guess.

"However, your light is purple" - I have no idea why purple. It she said green or red, it would have been more understandable, but purple? Not sure what purple stands for.

Maybe she's saying since you can't predict the chance of you two being together, there might be a possibility in the near future.

Anyway, I still don't know why she made her answer so poetic... maybe she's trying to be romantic, so she thinks in her head.

I read that people that answered said she's playing games and hard to get. She could be playing games, you should be the judge of that since I don't know this girl- how does react with you? How's her body language? Etc. Now, about her playing hard to get is a maybe, but I don't see how she's playing hard to get? If she wanted to play hard to get, she would have said something like "Your turn will come" or something flirty and actually playing hard to get to get you worked up and chase her more.

I say your question was unexpected and it shocked her. Instead of saying "there is" "there is not" or "maybe there is" she switched on her poetic roots.

• no she is just referring to the song Ultraviolet by the Stiff Dylan's

What Girls Said 13

• Sounds like she's playing games.

I almost hate to say it, but if I were a guy in your shoes, I'd forget her. I think that kind of behavior is obnoxious, and it's exactly what I would do if I wanted someone to be so weirded out that they wouldn't bother with me again.

Then again, I'm the kind of person who respects it when someone gives it to me straight. If I had the guts to ask plainly, you should have the courtesy to answer sensibly.

• Playing games seems retarded, girls say 'the guy has got to have game' then they ask why there are no decent guys in the world on fb.. lol

• To me, if a guy has game, he knows how to have fun with the deal and keep from giving someone the run-around at the same time. You know, charisma, the ability to carry on with witty banter, and being able to tease with that ornery sort of charm. But that all comes from knowing how to interact with people, not playing games.

• It means you presented to her that you like her and she deosnt know if she like you or not. With the purple fire thing I'm guessing that means that you have to try harder for her to like you because the hotest color of fire is blue..i think..and the color purple is really close to blue in comparison..so your almost there but not quite yet.

• The F***? What Kind Of Girl Are You Going After ? . But Um If She Can't Give You A Real Answer Than Don't Even Bother With Girls Like That . She Will Confuse You Every Step Of The Way ... Trust Meeee

• She's a fool. she's playing you. Stupid girls do that.

• Maybe it's a song lyric or from a poem. Try googling it and see what comes up.

• The first sentence makes sense. She doesn't know whether or no you guys will work out. The purple thing makes no sense at all.

• It probably means she's unsure about you and will string you along before she makes her decision.

• hmmm I would say she is playing hard to get.

• It's almost totally like the lyrics of this song: Ultraviolet By The Stiff Dylans.

Check it out, it might help you.

• She's a wave and she is breaking

She's a problem to solve

and in that circle she's making

I will always revolve

And on her sight

These eyes depend

Invisible and Indivisible

That fire you ignited

Good, bad and undecided

Burns when I stand beside it

Your light is ultraviolet

Visions so insane

Travel unraveling through my brain

Cold when I am denied it

Your light is ultraviolet

Ultraviolet

Now is a phase and it's changing

It's rotating us all

Thought we're safe but we're dangling

and it's too far to survive the fall

And this I know

It will not bend

Invisible and indivisible

That fire you ignited

Good, Bad and undecided

Burns when I stand beside it

Your light is ultraviolet

Visions so insane

Travel unraveling through my brain

Cold when I am denied it

Your light is ultraviolet,

ultraviolet

That fire you ignited

Good, Bad and undecided

Burns when I stand beside it

Your light is ultraviolet

Visions so insane

Travel unraveling through my brain

Cold when I am denied it

Your light is ultraviolet,

ultraviolet

Your light is ultraviolet

Visions so insane

Travel unraveling through my brain

Cold when I am denied it

Your light is ultraviolet

Ultraviolet

...i don't know if this sheds any light on her answer (ahaha see what I did there?)

• In all honesty I don't think she's interested. An answer like that sounds like she doesn't take you seriously.

• She is playing hard to get. If she liked you, she would have gave you an accurate answer.

• lol. she's high

What Guys Said 14

• if what everone else is saying is true about the purple fire part, I say you move on. It's stupid for her to basically say that "if you want me (even though am pretty sure I want you too) you have to try harder" my answer to that would have been who do you think you are and what have you done to make yourself so worthy that I have to bust my ass to maybe get with you? This girl's head is in the clouds, there are much much better girls out there.

• 1. She's insane and this is a cry for help to take her to an asylum.

2. She's saying maybe teasing you or just being a bitch.

3. You have 2 options.

4. She may be hinting at the song those lyrics came from,

"That fire you ignited

Good, Bad and undecided

Burns when I stand beside it

Your light is ultraviolet"

Artist: Stiff Dylan

Title: Ultraviolet

If you want to ask her out say something like;

Cold when I am denied it

Your light is ultraviolet,

ultraviolet

Visions so insane

Travel unraveling through my brain

Cold when I am denied it

Your light is ultraviolet,

ultraviolet

• maybe she responded with a nonsensical question because she thought you asked a nonsensical question, I would just move on, and maybe she will realize that being cryptic is a stupid thing to do, if what she met was a good thing

• sounds like an absolute total weirdo. Reply with something equally nonsensical and cryptic, then the score is settled ^^

• You like this girl? Seriously? Or she's just hot?

• where her eyes blood shot red when she said that?

• slap that ho across the face and utter whatchu say bitch... but yea don't do that. Actually do that, I'm sure she wants you to man up and not take her bs.

• There is a song: Ultraviolet by Stiff Dylans

She is referring to that song meaning...

She likes you, and thinks there is a chance.

But you need to prove yourself.

• It means Maybe

• WTF. . . With that response She

Sounds like a medieval times girl.

Her name wouldn't happen to be

JULIET, by any chance? Perhaps

yours is ROMEO? O_o

• dude ditch her and move on, she sounds crazy or retarded, or both

• forget that cvnt

• She sounds like 99% of the female population being stuck up, rude and doesn't know sh*t. Minus my family of course.

• She's saying yes basically but she doesn't wanna seem to eager. Nothing wrong with that. Sounds like she's just being playful.