5 year age difference?

I just recently met a guy, him being 20 and me 16..we kind of just hit off from the day we've met and we've kind of grown closer within the very short time period we've know each other, a little too soon than I'd hope for..right now we're just friends. He lives in another state..we've both been bringing up the topic of possibly dating, not right now, maybe somewhere down the road when I'm 18.. But what's your thoughts? Do you think I'm too young..should I expect anything from this.. I don't know, just curious

Most Helpful Guy

• 5 years age difference isn't that big if your older say a 25 year old and a 20 year old, but when come to a 20 year old and 16 year old, besides it being borderline illegal the maturity level and professionally level are vastly different

What Guys Said 2

• I'm sixteen and I would not date a twenty year old the fact being when he hits twenty-one he'll be an adult dating a teenager and that's like so wrong.

• i doubt he's gonna wait 2 years to get anywhere just bein real here not sayin the age diff is that bad but ye...young dudes aren't patient

What Girls Said 2

• I think..you are too young..I'm about to be 18 in a few months and I don't think I'd be ready to date a 20 year old.

That's a big difference in life-experiences, wants, needs..a lot.

There are a lot of great guys in high school :)

Besides having to wait two years for something to happen..a lot can and will happen in that time between. I don't mean to be a Debbie downer but you should go on and if time brings you two back together then it will be for a reason :)

• No. 5 age difference is not a biggie.