Am I Overreacting...?

So I've been seeing this guy for about 2 months. It's been really amazing and he makes me so happy. I didn't think anything could go wrong. Then, on my birthday night out he was texting this girl who's a friend of a friend who he hangs out with and he knows she likes him, he says he misses her. On my birthday ! I got really angry.

He said he would delete her, and he did on his phone. I got really scared then about him drinking and hanging out with her. The very next weekend he goes out drinking and she is there, and he didn't even tell me about it. He said he didn't want to worry me. To be honest, I don't think he would do anything, but the whole situation just eats me up inside.

Do you think it's fair if I ask him to not hang out with her without me there? Because he probably would hang out with them every Friday night. I just can't handle it every weekend. I don't know what to do. I do think he's sincere in wanting to be with me and everything, I just don't know what to do. Opinions? And how do I approach the topic with him so it doesn't sound like I want to control his life...

Most Helpful Girl

• You re not over reacting you re just being insecured.

What you should do is this,

Talk to your boyfriend and tell him that you are not happy about the fact that he told you he misses her on your birthday and that he was texting her instead of giving you attention..

Tell him that you are not happy about the fact the she likes him and he continues talking to her either... And seems to you that maybe he secretly likes her back or likes the attention she is giving him and maybe he should evaluate what's important to him and give the attention to you because you re his girlfriend not her.

Do not tell him that you want him to not see her or talk to her because that is just not okay, but you can tell him that you need to meet her hang out with them too and maybe you two get along and become friends too ( they tell you to keep your enemies closer)... Tell him you want to get to know all his friends so you might as well meet her if she's so great... If he says no then there's something wrong for sure...

But I suggest you calm down and wait few times before pulling the I don't want you to hang out with her card... Because if you do that he will do the opposite cause he doesn't want you t control him and hang out with her more and bam she gets what she wanted...

What Guys Said 1

• I don't really blame you. That's pretty dumb for him to say he didn't want to worry you. Not telling someone would make them worry even more. Maybe he is sincere, but it does make him look suspicious. Just talk to him calmly, but be matter of fact. Tell him you want to be there if he's drinking with her. It's not that you don't trust him, but it's common knowledge that being drunk can lead to major f*** ups.

What Girls Said 1

• he misses her, crap- he should have given you the attention. Do tell him that you would like to meet her too, and that maybe you all can become friends. I would not be OK with it. If he doesn't want you to be there you will know...