How many dates till you kissed or were kissed?

I'm dating a guy and we've been on 4 one of one dates and 2 group outings with friends. We've hugged several times, held hands briefly, but no kisses. Is this weird? How long did you wait or did you have to wait till you were kissed?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've only been on a date with one guy for sure and the other was kind of a double date. No kiss for either. My first kiss was when I was 14 and we just hung out, it wasn't a date. We ended up kissing that day though.

What Guys Said 4

• 1-2 should be good..

• hmm so I should initiate to kiss her on our 2nd date? but its a movie day >< nothing too romantic about

• For me it was the first night we met.. But I'd known her for almost a year. We spent half the time walking around hand in hand and then we sat and cuddled and then when we had to go we went to the subway to go our seperate ways and we hugged and then we kissed a few times before we left.. The 2nd time we met was my first french kiss

• If things are going comfortably, within a date or two for the first kiss. Maybe not a full on french but a small kiss anyways.

What Girls Said 3

• First date for me. If I don't get a kiss on the first date, I would assume that he's not as interested.

• First date! There's no time to lose!

• it depends. we kissed on the second date but it really depends when it feels right. I would like to by the 3rd date but I wouldn't initiate it out of the blue