Should I confront him about using me as a rebound?

He is using me as a rebound. He just broke up with his girlfriend and everything is moving so fast. Should I confront him?

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely. You need to establish what the relationship is and if he is really over her. Express to him your feelings especially if you're uncomfortable being a rebound which I don't think too many people are okay with. If he cannot understand why you need to know and be considerate about your feelings then he obviously isn't serious about you.

What Guys Said 1

• How is he using you if you know that he just broke up? You went into the relationship knowing that he just broke up, didn't you? You aren't being used if you have prior knowledge of what he's gone through. You can only be used if you allow yourself to be. What do you even mean by "used"?

• We aren't together. He wants to see me all the time and talks about hooking up even though we aren't together. I don't want him to use me for his emotional and sexual gain. Emotionally because he would use me as a "cover" so that he doesn't have to deal with the pain of the break up. He already has somebody else. Sexually..well that's obvious. If the word "used" wasn't good enough, I think you can think of a better one.

• Then your choice is simple. Tell him that you don't feel comfortable being in a relationship with him right now so soon after he just broke up, but that you might keep in touch from time to time. Problem solved.

What Girls Said 2

• Just say, "I don't think it's healthy for you to be in another relationship so soon after your last one ended. I think it'd be best if you took some time to concentrate on you for a while. If, once you've gotten used to being just a you, you'd still like to see me, then we'll talk. Until then, good bye."

• If you're not comfortable with the pace of direction the relationship is going in then you absolutely should talk to him about it.