Is it worth it to date someone that is into you, but you don't necessarily feel the same way?

Okay. So if a guy or girl was CLEARLY into you and flirted with you, but you never thought about them in the boyfriend/girlfriend aspect, would you ever give them a chance? Should you put yourself out there and see if feelings do develop for them? or should you just keep them friendzoned and play it safe? I ask because there is a guy that clearly likes me, but I see him more as a friend/brother figure because honestly, he is a major jackass to a lot of people and is annoying, but he's still a friend.

What to do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes people can really surprise you. The only reason I'd advise you to say no to this one is because you don't like the way he treats others. Even if he treats you like gold, him treating others poorly in your eyes shows a huge mismatch of compatibility in morals. No go.

What Guys Said 3

• You really shouldn't date a guy like that. It's the first time I have heard from a girl that she doesn't find a guy who is a major jackass that's not a boyfriend material. Most girls find guys like your friend a boyfriend material. If you don't like him the same way because he's a major jackass, good for you! You should just tell him you don't want to be his girlfriend.

• yes it is worth it.. because the more you spend your time with that guy, the feel of love will come without you notice it..

• friendzone it..it's not going to work out in the end and it's not fair to him if you don't feel any romanticism for him.

What Girls Said 2

• No it is not worth it.

• I went into my last relationship not sure if I really had feelings for him like that... it was the best relationship I had ever been in. so my opinion is yes. put yourself out there, give him a chance. Because there was a friendship there first, when this guy and I broke up we still have that friendship. We dated happily for 2 years.