How are men expected to remain faithful with temptation all over the net?

Ok, this IS a question.

I mean for men now, there is p@rn, provocative pictures on Facebook, Women/girls randomly adding and messaging you on Facebook, on your emails, you got live girls on webcams, advertisements to meet girls online in your area just for hookups, fucbook where you can literally meet people for only one night stands, and so much more...

I just.. despair.. How are they meant to remain faithful when all these are thrown in their faces? The chances for them to cheat and to get away with it are increasing all the time...

And before anyone says it yes I've got trust issues.

Whoops, before anyone gets the wrong idea. I'm not saying all men are cheaters and will cheat on you. It just seems like their is a lot of temptation thrown at them for cheating and tools to help them do it seem to be popping up all over the place.

Most Helpful Guy

• Men can always choose to resist and be faithful.

That said, it is harder now. P*rn is everywhere, and as a man I am going to say it IS a problem. P*rn is not an accurate portrayal of women, love, or relationships. It caters to (and preys upon) our more base instincts. Technology to find women and cheat is growing. I don't know what if anything can be done about it.

Women have their own problems in life, but I will fully admit that you are generally in a more vulnerable position on this issue, and it sucks. Women, want and need relationships more than men (at least how youngerer men see it; they do usually grow up), so they are willing to put up with more to get one. On top of that, women feel a greater drive for children, and frankly they need a man for more than just creating them. That means most women are at a disadvantage when it comes to being fulfilled for the things they need. They need a man to help, to be a partner. It sucks to need another to find fulfillment, especially then those others are so sexually tempted and the temptations are all around.

Eventually most men realize they need a partner too, and kids. However, it usually takes longer to get there for them, and meanwhile the women take whomever comes along. And even when the men do grow up and want real relationships, for whatever reason, they still have lapses of sexual desire that often lead to cheating.

I have few answers, but I do have sympathy for women on this. I may sound crazy to say this on this board, but one thing I can think of to help is to advocate for reducing p*rn in your community and society in general. I am not saying take it away from adults who choose that form of entertainment. I am saying we should reduce its prevalence in society and ease of access, especially for teenagers.

Once upon a time you had to sneak a dirty magazine to see a woman's body. Now you can see most of it on prime time TV, and the rest with a click of computer button. I do think this is affecting teenage boys. They are coming away with skewed and inaccurate views of women, sex, and relationships. Give them a chance. Let them grow up before being so subjected to something as strong as sexual stimulation. Somehow society needs to stop thinking it's OK and normal for teens to be into p*rn or sex so much. Sure, we probably all did some experimenting when younger, but it was often not a good idea, and some of us just got lucky we got through it too. Less sex is probably good for teens. Adults can do what they please, but kids are still in their formative years. They are easily shaped by strong emotions, and few are as strong as sex.

• Reltionships made up of Women and Men, are made up of Women, & Menb. Anyone in a relationship, wants one, or they would not be in one. there's a lot of single young guys out there that want a girlfriend, & don't have one. the need for a relationship, is personal, no greater or or smaller, depending on what genitals you have. some people want a partner many dont. & many who dont, are women.

also, according to statistics, more men want kids, than do women, these days.

• Well, that is just my experience. In my experience men and women approach relationships a little differently, and I see young men cheating more than young women, and many of them seem to have attitudes about sex that are shaped much more by p*rn than when I was younger, and it seems more incongruous with reality and committed relationships.

What Guys Said 12

• Well women are no longer breed sows that are chained to the kitchen so the ability for them to cheat has increased dramatically in the past 100 years. Imagine how guys must feel knowing that if their girl looks halfway decent and is going out to the bars with her friends she will get hit on, maybe 5-6 times on a busy night. True love like in the fairy tales we were raised on is rare as hell and most of us will never know it. Happiness that you can always count on is in selfishness nowadays. Cheating is a very real and you can pretty much expect it from anyone.

• Sorry, but this isn't about who cheats more men or girls, it's about the fact the tools to cheat are plastered over the net and seem more targeted towards men than women. Yes women do cheat, I won't say they wont. But that's not what this question is about. I just want to know how men stay faithful when it's made this easy for them.

• Spot on. Us guys have to deal with the same sort of thing. It's not like there is no temptation for women. A harvard study actually just showed that women cheat 30% more than men. So I think its us men that should be worried about women using f***book more than the other way around.

• It's true, that stuff is all over the internet, but a guy happy with his girl won't care about all those things.

The random girls on FB, that doesn't happen often. Random girls for hookups, even less likely. The other online girls are mostly advertisement and that's it.

I think through messaging it's just as easy for women to give in also, just being acknowledged as a woman on the internet comes with all the guys sending nasty messages, so in this aspect I think guys might worry more.

It just comes down to the type of guy, a worthwhile guy won't care about all that crap, he'll be happy with the woman he's with.

• you are making one fatal assumption. We are not brainless dogs who are lead on a leach by our penis. I know big surprise.

Yeah these things are out there but its not like when we see them we can't resist them. More than half the sh*t that pops up on the internet just makes me laugh and I wonder who the sad sole must be that would actually be enticed by these adds.

Don't get me wrong. I'm as sexual and horny as the next guy, but that doesn't mean I become some zombie every time I see a hot girl. Just because saw magic mike doesn't mean you're going to go cheat on your Boyfriend or something does it? No. It's just fantasy and for fun. Most people don't act on those temptations.

Same goes for p*rn. P*rn is like another form of a sex toy, it's just added stimulation that still will never replace your actually partner.

• And yet it does. My last partner, totally ignored me for p*rn. Even though I was very willing. I tried watching it with him, but it wasn't my thing. I suggested trying some of the things he watched. But he didn't want to. He ended up watching p*rn 2/3 times a day and I was lucky to get some time one a month. I did suggest help but he said he was fine and it was "normal" needless to say we are now over. I don't mind men watching p*rn, it's natural. but choosing it over your girlfriend is wrong.

• Yeah I got news for you. As you suggested, he did have problems. that is not normal contrary to what he said. Watching p*rn is normal. Doing it 2/3 times a day and blowing off your ready and willing Girlfriend for it is an addiction. It can happen. Its rare, but it can happen. 99% of guys are not like that though. We reserve p*rn for when we're bored, alone, and horny, and need to quickly scratch an itch. All that other sh*t is just laughable to us, unless we really are that desperate.

• first you gotta believe that there are men that can still remain faithful out there...yes it sometime isn't easy for guys to stay faithful in situations like you mention...If a guys clearly know what he wants is you he'll stay faithful. Also what help is knowing yourself very well help...people who don't know how to be satisfied and are unclear what they want are more likely to cheat I think. I'm speaking from my experience.

I'm satisfied with what I got as a partner, do I look at other girls? hell yeah even in front of her of course in a respectful manner. She is OK with it and the other way around. We are clear about our relationship and we trust each other. And we don't hide nothing from each other not even p*rn. I would like to think I'm the kinda guy who doesn't really like to be control by partner or women in general...I've been very fortunate to have someone who understand me, give me my space and make everything OK because she trust me..this includes going to strip club, watching p*rn, play wing man(nothing further than that) going to clubs with my single friends etc. I've never f**ked up before because clearly I know she is what I want. Dam I've said a lot

• Women don't randomly add or message guys, don't know where you heard that one. Webcam girls cost money that we don't want to pay for, hookup websites cost A LOT of money that we def don't want to pay for. So the answer is plain and simple, if these services were offered for free, then we would take advantage of it. So no worries, besides all the women on these sites to hook up are 99% of the time fat and ugly, and in the off chance they are hott, they want nothing to do with the average guy

• I can't speak for all men, nor do I want to. Therefore, I'll speak for myself. My girlfriend is everything I want and more, and this is a long distance relationship.

• I definitely understand what your trying to say.

N yes it is difficult to remain faithful.

On FB your able to see all this "Like If You Think She Bad"

pictures and yes it is a turn on seeing a hot

girl. Nut one as a man has to try his best to resist

and ignore messages or emails.

• These women are insecure, mainly just looking from attention.

• Those aren't opportunities to cheat. They are opportunities to masturbate and have your credit card info stolen.

• I agree with you partly, but not all the way. You seem to be throwing too many thngs into one laundry bag, and then treating them as if they're all the same.

For me, p*rn is not a problem. It is a solution! It helped me to avoid the very pretty whores on the street while I was a study away from home for many weeks!

Secondly, many of us (specially when unmarried) would not be eager to get involved with whores anyway. The real challenge, according to me, comes from the booming "seconds" market. So many young people, both women and men, out of relationships and willing and waiting to lure someone to bed. They look good, keep themselves young and trim, and are all horny for sex (they miss it on a regular basis). With divorce rates soaring, this is a real problem...

When you have so many free radicals (to use a science term) floating around, you're bound to have instability in the relationships market.

• The problem is, girls in p*rn are often much better looking than women in real life. Go on match.com, okcupid.com or any other dating website. Most of the women are fat. Girls in p*rn are much slimmer and take better care of their bodies.

As for hookup/cam pages, I don't pay for those or use them. P*rn is more sexually satisfying than having sex with an overweight woman considering the time/effort/cost involved (there's plenty of free p*rn out there.)

• Depends on what you consider faithful. Of course I will flirt with girls every now and then, look at girls, but that doesn't mean I will follow up on it with kissing or worse. It comes down to the guy, some are very loyal others are not. Also depends on how your relationship with the guy is, are you both able to satisfy each other.

What Girls Said 3

• If your really seriously faithful and committed then you shouldn't be asking this question right?

• it's true, it's everywere! and both sexes can do it, except men I think try to do it more then females.

But women give themselfs so quick, because there's less god men that won't cheat, men take advantage of that. I'm going to be alone for a while.

• guys have to deal with the same thing.

if you want to cheat you don't need technology. if you're not going to, it doesn't matter how easy it is, you wont. its all decision.