Guys, do you like texting?

Seems like guys don't really like texting. They get right to the point. Girls we seem to be more detailed in texting lol idk. Guys what do you think about texting? Girls doesn't it annoy you when you get a fu&)$n short answer when you know there was more to say?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've actually texted girls that I had the same problem with. Quite a few couldn't hold a conversation while others actually put a little effort in.

My point is, you can't say it seems like GUYS don't really like texting. It totally varies by person. We each have our own idea and view on how texting should work. Some treat it as a real conversation while others will not. It's surprisingly up to the individual.

What Guys Said 11

• I hate, despise, and LOATHE texting. IMO, texting is for sending phone numbers or addresses or "I'll pick you up at 7pm, be ready." It is NOT for having conversations!

I don't mind chatting on the PC, where I have a real keyboard and screen, but I have no patience for texting for any length of time on the phone. And remember: guys don't multitask well, so if we're texting, we can't be doing anything else, and if we're doing something else, we can't be texting.

If you want a conversation, use your phone as it was intended: CALL HIM!

• sometimes you can't talk on the phone, if I'm at work for example its def easier and more discreet to text.

• Understood. But in that case, you should expect to have very limited conversations: "Can you go out tonight?" "Sure, 8pm?" "Perfect, pick you up then." Much more than that, and you're expecting too much. Especially if he's at work; he can't be texting with you all day.

Almost nothing is so important that it can't wait until you are both free to CALL each other.

• i enjoy texting but I hate getting 2 word answers back

• Any number of reason why he's doing that, however the number one reason he's being short? He's not into you! Guys are pretty much like girls, only we have d***s and you don't.

I know that when I'm short with my texts is because I'm just busy and can't talk much...however I'll try to keep the convo going until she stops texting

Did you know texting was originally meant for the hearing impaired, NOT regular people

• i hate it. I only like texting my best friends to tell them what I did and to send them funny pictures.

• texting is aight I guess unless it lasts for an entire day and when you go to the shower or have some unexpected business the girl freaks out like "omg if you don't wanna talk you can just tell me" BITCH I'm taking a f***in shower!

• it is kinda wasting of time for guys to texting,coz guys are always not as patient as girls, we choose to get to the point directly.however, it also makes us feeling happy when we get the messages sending from the girls we like,hah

• You mean like girls doing the long texting?

• it does not matter whether the texting is long or short if people can express themseves clearly .

• stop teasing

• I like sexting 24/7 ;)

• i like texting friends

• absolutely hate having text convos

• my texts usually consist of 1-5 letters

• because you have no interest in the person or you have no interest on texting?

• because that's just the way my friends and I text and I find it retarded to text an huge conversation. If I have something long to say ill call. Texting is supposed to be to the point otherwise its a huge waste of time.

What Girls Said 1

• The root of your frustration is that in general men and women have very different communication styles. Men typically communicate to make a point whereas women communicate to understand. It's not that men don't want to have meaningful conversations or that they're lazy, it's just that they don't think to give you a dissertation on how their day has been. To them an answer as simple as, "Good" suffices. Girls on the other hand will offer a myriad of details when asked about their day. If you want more information in the conversations that you carry with the menfolk in your life your best bet is to ask questions that require more than a word or two in response.

• yeah but then again I don't wanna be a girl that only questions..

• If you don't want to be the girl who only asks questions don't be surprised when you don't get the kind of conversation that you want from the gentlemen that you're talking to...especially when texting.

• How true, justathought191!

Continuing the thought:

My guy mind works in a concise way. I have often found myself wanting to say more, but having no words to say.

At the same time, I thoroughly enjoy when a girl I like gives me lots of details and a long explanation. My only response may be a "That's cool! :-)", but that means I want you to keep talking, because I want to keep listening!

If I get tired of texting, I'll stop responding entirely or give a super short reply sans smileys and !s.