Is it normal to be compared to a furry animal by your boyfriend?

So...I'm in a new relationship and all my boyfriend calls me is "cute" and "baby"...it was ok...but now it's getting weirder...like when we went out to eat...and he thought how I was eating was "adorable"...because I break my food into little pieces, and he fed me...

And yesterday after I saw him...he texted me...

"It was good seeing you today...Esp since you looked so cute, you little chipmunk!"

This is just weird to me...I don't like being looked at as cute, or as a sort of furry animal...

I'm in my upper twenties (but I get mistaken for being in high school constantly)...and he is actually a couple years younger than me...sometimes I think maybe he is in denial that I'm older, so he is trying to infantile me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Men are the goony, gangly, hairy gender LOL. I have been the awkward compliment/comparison maker, & it is a sort of bad rap (wrap?) -- it's not fair, in other words.. we fumble & struggle to match women in general's cuteness. he means well; if it bugs you, or he does it too much, let him know, like someone else said. otherwise it's like if you bought someone a moderately expensive gift, & it was totally not something you were interested in - it's the thought that counts . . .

then again if he ALWAYS moisses the mark in a bad way, then you two might not be compatible.

that said, I think he was 'adoring' you, more than making fun of you just a little too much.

.. still (lol), re-reading you, (men struggle to listen too ;)) -- you say he always does. hopefully you two are just getting chemistry going, getting a rhythm...

otherwise he might be most appreciated by someone else & you might appreciate someone else most. not sure - maybe I'm totally offbase - always try to talk to your partner I would say. that is something no one wants to do -- actually talk to them IF you think there's something you need to work out, & it could be a beautiful thing, you & him.

good luck x

What Guys Said 5

• Well, my best advice for you is to copy a celebrity that you think you can resemble and somehow show in a constant habit that you are much older than 18.

For example: If you are a blond, you might try to resemble like Blake Lively, so any guy that tries to make you look cute will look dumb them self and if this boyfriend doesn't work out for you girl? I strongly suggest you dump him and find another because, if he sees you like a little girl, chances are, you're a little girl to him. The bottom line is, if you do like him, my best advice for you is to act like a very mature celebrity, this way your habit will show your personality and soon your image won't look like a puppy to anyone and I mean anyone! Good Luck, but you will have to keep up a habit.

• Hahaha, damn - that 'chimpunk" part really cracked me up :D

..it is normal, many pet-names are.. well - about pets! ..and you have to be happy being considered younger than you actually are, as I'm very sure you wouldn't want the opposite!

• Why do cute girls hate being called -- cute? It is a blessing to look younger! OK the furry animal thing is odd, but he is probably just teasing you. Stupid and immature. If you like a girl then tease her. WTF? I used to tell a cute girl she had eyes like a fresh fish cause the whites were so pretty and white. I see that was stupid now. She was 23 at the time but she said she looked 14. Maybe. But 5 ft 4 120 with ROCKIN body. She would take it anal and swear like a sailor, but only during the ass fuk. She would swallow, suck a few times a day if need e. Miss her. So he should back off on all that but try not to be too defensive. You look young and that is awesome.

• Ok...well...thanks for your help...you're that guy on here obsessed with anal...you've been trying to friend me for a while...but since you answered my question, I suppose I will accept your request

• Hey there are worse things. I myself have often been compared to a Snorlax.

• It's harmless but if you don't like it just tell him and he'll respect your wishes.

What Girls Said 6

• I hate being told I'm cute, also. I am not cute. 4 year olds in pigtails and dresses are cute. Naive, doe eyed 15 year olds are cute. Criminal Justice students are not cute. My boyfriend learned not to call me cute. Tell him you don't like the pet names.

• Funny from a "prettygurl"...

• You definitely are strong willed aren't you? I mean, that line about your "boyfriend learned"?

Don't get me wrong... I think it is a good thing! ;)

• I am, yes. :)

• Awww it's just a "pet" name. I never got why people hate being called cute so much. Being called "cute" or doing something "cute" is a good thing. Your eating like a chipmunk makes him smile and laugh, it doesn't get much better than that! That's the kind of stuff that makes guys fall for you even more.

• This story is sickly and it's totally normally to adopt pet names.

• Lol that's cute, my boyfriend calls me kitty or kitten all the time. They're just pet names, he means nothing by it

• Yeah the last part of your description sounds right. Maybe he likes the caretaker role! I would talk to him about what you like and DON'T like before it gets even more weird

• Well...he is in med school...so maybe the caretaker role is natural to him?

• ^.^ Cute is not bad...you don't have to be the "sexy older women" all the time. I don't think he means anything by it and maybe he isn't the one worried about the age gap...just a though but maybe your looking to much into it because your worried about the age...or maybe your worried about him maturity...just a thought of course! ^^