Guys, if you liked or were interested in a girl would you really do anything to get her?

This saying or piece of knowledge is said a lot between girls, especially when a guy isn't showing great interest. I just want to know if that's really true though.

If you liked a girl, would you try to snap her up immediately or would you want to take it slow?

Would you cancel plans with your friends to hang out with her?

Would you text her constantly?

Would you make plans with her whenever you could?

I always get told that if a guy likes you he will do all these things, I'm just wondering how true that is. Thanks in advance for the answers.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends. If the girl is some random girl I just met that I will never see again then I'm going to try to get her number and then call and setup a date pretty quick. Now if their is a girl who I see often then I will get to know her slowly over time and then eventually I'll try to setup a date with her and hopefully then she will accept after building raport with her. Yes a guy will cancel plans with his buddies but he isn't going to tell you he did. Atleast I hope not.

• Well the problem is he cancels plans with me to go with his buddies, and everyone is like "if he really liked you he wouldn't do that." But I'm just wondering if a guy would, or if he's just not that keen. We've only been seeing each other for a few weeks, so you'd think he would still be in the stage of wanting to see me as much as he could..

• You're welcome:)

• Oh cool! I never get best answer. Thanks!

What Guys Said 10

• I would take it slow, but once I had her attention, I would want to spend time with her, so my mates would become second priority to her, I would text as much as she text me, and I would want to make plans mostly with her, I would basically want to prove my worth to her,x

• 1 - Take it slow.

2 - Yes, but only if she is showing equal priority and sacrifice.

3 - No, that's annoying.

4 - Not WHENEVER I could, she is a strong priority but not the center of my universe. My family comes first and I need my friends in my life as well.

Summation - I would NOT do anything to get her. I like her, but I am not a lovesick puppy or some lowly doormat.

• .if a girl cancelled on her friends for me that would actually go down as a negative. That is completely the wrong priority to throw your friends away because a boy you really liked asked you out...Nope I'm not a fan of that at all. If a girl tells me she's made plans with her friends so she can't do tonight then to me it shows she has loyalty.

I wouldn't constantly text her as for one, eventually the conversation will sour into nothingness and also if you're not 100% the girl has mutual feelings then you could push yourself into the 'won't stop txting me' guy

If I had spare time I would definitely ask her if she was free and wanted to do something.

There is too much game playing in the modern world of dating to take the approach of going all out.

• If a guy likes you AND he wants to look desperate (or if he doesn't know any better) he will do all those things.

• 1) I would let her know I'm interested, but I find girls tend to throw up walls when you try to "snap them up"

2) In a heartbeat

3) Yep

4) Yep

I would not do anything though, if she needs me to work my ass off before she's willing to reciprocate then she can go to hell. Love is a two way street, and guys like it when girls try just as much as girls like it when we try.

• It really depends on a lot of factors. Primarily does she like me back. Does she like being swept off her feet. Do we have a lot of spare time or do we have to match up schedules a lot.

The more we hang out the less I would be to contacting her via the phone, or messenger. You do run out of things to say when you are in constant communication. The point of being apart is so you can have a chance to miss each other.

• Almost anything.

When a guy really likes the girl - he will go great lengths! But not over the impossible.

If the girl is not reciprocating, f.a. always unavailable or giving cold shoulder, etc. - any guy eventually will give up & move on.

• I'd do anything to get with a girl I liked, I'd wana take it a little slow tbh to see if she fell in love with me, I'd probably cancel plans with friends yeah (hypocrite because I have moaned at friends for doing the same) I would get hold of her all the time, like daily and think of anything to talk about, and I'd make plans as often as I could, and want to know when the next time we would meet would before we even left each other.

• The funny thing is that if a guy did any of these things you would tell your friends he is a f***ing weirdo, and he probably is by the way lol.

• haha nah the guy isn't doing this, in fact he's doing the exact opposite, therefore I've been told this by many of my friends. You do make a good point though. It seems right now that I'm the one doing the chasing, so I probably like him more, it would probably be different if he acted as though he were super keen. I guess I should be glad he's not, I suppose. Thanks for the answer :)

• slow

may be

yes

not whenever. I don't want to seem desperate

it's kind of true

What Girls Said 1

• I think it might be true for some guys, but probably not all.