How normal is it for a guy to stop caring about a relationship and break up all of a sudden?

My fiance and I were together for almost 2 years. He says he still loves me, that I am perfect, but that he is not happy with the relationship anymore. He wishes for me to find someone that will correspond to me with the same affection but I tell him that he's the one I want and that I want to be there for him in this moment. I just don't think it's right that he suddenly stopped caring. It hurts because that's the same thing he has done with his exes. He just stops caring and stops trying. I was the most important person in the World to him. Right now we stand at I'm giving him his space to figure out within himself why it is he stopped caring. I just don't think that's right. In return, I promise to stay friends with him as he wishes. I just don't want him to be a person that all of a sudden doesn't care. How will he ever be happy with anyone else?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes people cannot handle their emotions, especially if it goes on for a long time. It does not mean he does not care. He may care just as much as he did in the beginning. He may not be sure enough of himself.

Sometimes people who experience psychological problems may behave in this way. There may be a number of explanation. Your fiance problem is psychological in nature, in my opinion. If he broke up with many of his girlfriends before, that will point to a behavioral problem.

You can try and discuss this subject with him. You may succeed in finding out the cause by talking to him. The other option is to convince him to turn to a professional counsellor. The underlying problem may be too deep.

In my opinion, it is not him who does not care. A part of him is doing it to him.

Sometimes, this is caused by a type of self-pity.

What Guys Said 1

• Not normal. Something happened.

What Girls Said 3

• Why does he have to have mental issues, some people try, and the acctually don;t want to be in one anymore. Not everybody is fit for one.

• Seems odd.

• Totally normal. Don't take it personally.