Do you feel dating is a priority or something you 'HAVE' to do?

Or do you just not like the idea of being alone and you want someone there for you? I've been thinking about this quite a bit and I feel people nowadays, especially people my age want to be in a relationship, just to say their in one. I honestly don't think people value relationships as much as they used too. I think the word "love" has been thrown around a lot and think people are just infactuated with the idea of it. Do you live your life to find a partner or do you live it by chance, meaning if you do happen to meet someone, fine but if you don't that's cool too ?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like being alone, I am very extraverted and I like to be very close and very intimate with people. *Lots* of people. I really am even not much of a fan of privacy, with the right people. I don't date, though! I have lots of intimate friends, some of whom I do actually call lovers, but it ain't like that really. Some of my friends I sleep with, dine with, practically do have a relationship with, but both of us know we're just friends, and it is nothing like dating from the inside. I really, really like it that way.

Beforehand though, I was always looking to get into a relationship, but it was just because I am SO EASILY infatuated! I very often get it for girls in a big way and I used to be onto a different girl every few weeks in hot pursuit. Now that I don't date, it is much easier for me because I can sort of just let that infatuation come and go and enjoy it while it lasts, that suits me a lot. So, I used to really want to date, but now I don't date at all, ahaha.

What Guys Said 4

• If God came up to me and told me I was going to be single for the rest of my life, I legitimately, honestly, wouldn't mind.

That may frighten some people but I'm more afraid of:

1 - Not accomplishing my life goals, if being single affords me more time to do it, then I'm perfectly prepared to make that sacrifice.

2 - If I were to end up dating, being with someone who is incredibly impulsive and emotional, who would just end up just giving me grief. I do not lower my standards to dating animals.

• love is a must. I only date a girl if we have feelings for each other and are capable to date.

• I'll admit I feel it's something I have to do, the main reason is that I don't find it appealing spending my free time alone, even if the girl is not the Miss Perfect, even if she's far from it it's better going out and doing something with someone than doing it alone by yourself - especially when all your friends are busy with their girlfriends, it feels depressing.

However I don't enter in a relationship if I'm not very satisfied with the girl, and it's like always.

• No. I'll date when I find the right girl.

What Girls Said 2

• I personally don't really care about dating. I just meet people and see where things go. I don't feel lonely as long as I hang out with plenty of people.

• Eh, I definitely agree with what you said and I've never had a boyfriend before because it just hasn't happened. Its been a bit annoying since everyone is constantly asking why I don't have one. Its like a boyfriend or girlfriend is an accessory these days. I'm not gonna run out and get one just because everyone else has one. It'll happen when it happens.