Feel terrible, had a big date set up, but my best friend showed up for a surprise visit. What should I do?

I'd had a huge date planned with my girlfriend. We were supposed to get dinner together at a fancy restaurant I'd made reservations at a month ago, and then spend the evening together on the waterfront before heading back to my place for movies/sexytime. Except today (the day of the date) I just got a call from my best friend. She's in town for the first time in over a month, which came as a huge surprise because she's in the military and was supposed to be stationed in florida for another year or so.

I don't know how but she's going to be in town tonight, and needs a place to crash. She's let me crash at her place countless times, I can't tell her no now, especially when I might not see her for a long time. I really want to hang out with her... but my girlfriend has been looking forward to this date for a long time and promised to wear her 'sexiest outfit'. I already know she's a little jealous of my best friend, even though we've both insisted there is NOTHING between us besides being friends, in 5 years of drinking together we've never even kissed.

How should I handle this?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• you can continue your date with your girlfriend in a hotel. but you should also open up to her about your best friend staying at your place. otherwise, she will think you cheat.