Am I a loser? I want to get back with my boyfriend from high school...

We dated when I was 17/18, I am 21 now, there is just something about him, he comes up in my mind all the time, he was basically my first for everything, and we dated for about a year... I know he really liked me then, but we are probally both so different now. We never had any fights, I broke up with him after high school because I wanted to focus on school and work. He was really sad when I did, and I regretted it so much, but I don't feel like it's fair to break up and then take someone back... but I did see him a few times afterwards... I haven't seen him for a few months now... last time we saw each other it was obvious how different our lifes were, but I feel like if we both tried we could make it work... but how pathetic do I seem? I sort of feel like the girl guys joke about when they take a girl's virginity "she will never leave you alone!" I don't want to bother him... I really don't know how he feels...he seems like he just wants me as a hook up, I'm so confused...

Most Helpful Guy

• he's your ex for a reason...

What Guys Said 1

• well, you don't really see each other that much anyways. I think that you should try to talk to him and if that's going well, confess and tell him that you still like him and see how he feels about you these days. I think you should tell him because for 1, you don't really contact each other that much anyways so if it doesn't work out, it won't be super awkward all the time and for 2, this feeling is going to bug you until you have some closure either knowing that he wants to try again or knowing that all right, he's over me and this isn't going to work out a 2nd time. just my 2 cents

What Girls Said 2

• try to decide WHY you really want to talk to him. Are you just lonely? If you met a great guy, would you be able to let your ex go? Or is it more like no matter what other guys you meet, you can't stop thinking about your ex?

Maybe try talking to him, find out what he's been up to, and talk about yourself.

Maybe just tell him that you still have feelings and ask what he thinks.

• Try to understand that the two of you are now in different stages of your own lives. You can't try to re-play the past you can only try to build a better future for yourself. By talking to him you'll learn where he stands in his life and what his interests currently are.