What else can I do to help our relationship? Help :/

Ok so I have a relationship with my 1st boyfriend and we have been dating for about a year and a half. I just got an asossiates degree in my studies and plan to keep studying. I used to study near him but I live half an hour away from him and we won't be able to see each other because I live with my parents and their old fashion -.-' He's 23 I'm 19. He does not have a job but I'm consious that he's trying to get one for over 6 months now because I have helped him. He can't drive to go see me cause he has no car and he's not studying but he's such a great person. What else can I do to help him and our relationship?

Thanks guys :) it means a lot to have opinions to help!

Most Helpful Guy

• Your question is very open ended. The way you describe him, I'm not entirely sure he's motivated to improve his situation. Does he live with his parents? Does he have bills and pay rent? Or is he on unemployment/welfare? I find it difficult to believe that someone could go 6 months without any income and manage to survive financially.

Personally, I think you need to motivate this guy more. Point being, he needs to work, even if its at McDonalds (which hires constantly). I know times are tough, but working a low level job at this time such as fast food is nothing to be ashamed of. I think overall, things would improve greatly if he could get on his feet.

I would like to point out that you should not sacrifice your studies or motivation for him. You are at a critical point in your education and the one thing you don't wanna do is hold yourself back in any way for someone else.

I hope I haven't insulted you or your boyfriend, that certainly wasn't my intentions, but I'm just assuming based upon your question. I think the key is to get him established and his foot in the door as far as having a job.

What Guys Said 1

• Just be there for him.

What Girls Said 0