Is it wrong to date a guy who you don't exactly have a connection with?

This guy I know has liked me for a few months now. I always genuinely enjoy his company and still do. I don't feel a spark of chemistry with him and I keep dodging the big "dating" question. I think he is a really sweet guy and lately I've started to wonder if perhaps there could be something more there if I give it a chance. Should I go for it? Or should I just not try?

Most Helpful Guy

• A first date is not really a big deal. It's just supposed to be casual, usually full of no romantic tension of any kind . It's just like a pre-screening to see if he's someone you will date for real. I say give him a chance, and then after the date let him know whether you'd like to see him again or say flat out that you are looking only to be friends.

It's a great thing to give him a chance, for both of you. However, if you turn out to not be interested, make sure you make it clear so he isn't confused or heartbroken.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I agree with the other answers, give it a try. If you really feel repulsed by the guy on some level, then it probably won't work. But if it's just a matter of no spark, then there's the possibility that as you get to know each other better you'll begin to connect on a deeper level and then you'll find yourself desiring him.

• I say give it another try, maybe go out on a date. Be yourself, have fun. But if you still don't feel a connection or a sense of chemistry, than I say end it. Don't lead him on