Should I wait or run?

He refers to himself as my boyfriend and I know he is incredibly busy and focused on mixing his album (he's worked on this for 2 years and is working with seriously big names this IS his life) yet he said he's sorry but at least till 27th he "can't do any relationship stuff" so the woman in me flared up and asked point blank " Oh, so is that the brush off or postponement" he comes back with "neither Hun, let's have a chat soon" . I mean what is that? I still have had no contact for a week. I do love him very much and don't want to run so what do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is a question of priorities. His priorities are focused on his work. Yours are focused on him. Don't let life pass you by. Accept that he may or may not "be there" for you in the future (new things will always crop up). Go about your own life. Develop your own interests. Find other people (including potential love interests) to occupy your time. If your relationship survives, and both of you have the time for each other, then it was meant to be. If not, you will not have wasted time and emotion pursuing someone who was never going to be there for you anyway. Good Luck!

• Well, he called yesterday and said he can't do relationships at all, not just with me. He wants to go back to just being friends. So I guessed that was that. Then I get a 2nd phone call, a text and a FB message all in one day. He's suggested we meet up next weekend and he's offered to help me with my 1st two pro singles by coming into the recording studio...now completely confused. He's obviously keen but sh*t scared... I'll do as you suggest but what is going on in his mind?!

• If he didn't bring up the status of your relationship (friends vs lovers) in his messages, then you need to assume that he really wants to be friends, and this is his way of proving. Hear him out (if he is willing to talk about it). Otherwise, meet up with him and treat him in a manner consistent with a friendship. Give him some time and space, be patient, but continue to be friends and see where the relationship goes from there

What Guys Said 1

• I say if you really love him that much, and this whole album thing is that important to him, give him the time, and wait. Still I would suggest talking this over with him in great detail when it's over. I can totally see why this bothers you, so talk it out.

What Girls Said 1

• mean time get busy doing something else. But if he lives in town, even thought he's very busy, he still should find a little time here and there. But some people are different. so I guess wait. if he does this all the tie then its up to you.