Why don't guys share beds?

Girls have no problem sharing a bed. My four best friends and I have slept in one bed before. Yet when guys sleep over someone gets the bed and the other person gets the floor. Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Simply...because they're homophobic.

I've shared a bed with a guy on a vacation...i'm not gonna sleep on the floor, when there's half of a queen size bed available...because of some stupid social construction that gets males all paranoid and fearful (yes I said FEARFUL) of being considered homosexual.

Stupid, isn't it? I'm sleeping on one half of that f*cking bed! :-D

What Guys Said 11

• BHecause guys needs space from another guy, and to wake up with a guys arm round him would start a fight, so its safer to keep space where needed, its a respect thing between guys, were macho, so can't allow to show any soft spots.

• I share my friends bed whenever I used to go over there and spend the night. I used to share the bed and then I decided I would sleep on the ground for a couple of months. My back starting hurting so I said "f*** that" and I decided I would start sleeping on the bed again.

• I don't want my friend to think I'm into him.

• Girls tend to do more stuff like that, hands in each others' pockets kissing at parties for some reason..

• For me it has never been an issue if the bed is large enough. I tend to roll over from my girlfriend in bed during the night because I like space and guys tend to be large physically, making it more difficult to garner this space.

• They don't trust me. [shrug]

• i hate sharing bed

• because my jizz on the bed, is somewhat like how piss is from a dog on a firehydrant...my territory

• Because Dutch Ovens are only meant for for women.

• Guys take more space, dur! Girls are more foldable.

• There homophoic. Girls tend to be more comfortable with that kind of stuff. Me and a guy friend did once in a hotel out of necessity cause there was only one bed. Thankfully it was a king size.

What Girls Said 3

• It makes a man feel less masculine and/or appear to be less masculine in society's eyes. Society pushes for men to be tough and masculine.

Whereas a woman should be more nuturing and loving (and sharing a bed is loving/caring sharing etc.).

• Guys tend to be more afraid of being called "gay" than girls are.

• I have a problem sharing a bed. It's understandable. I like my space. I roll, kick, and snore. Maybe that's true with some guys too. And I just don't like it. There's no reason to it, other than that really. It's probably the same with a bunch of other girls and guys too.