Suggested response to online guy?

Any suggested responses to the following message I received from a guy through an online dating service would be greatly appreciated.

The guy said, "Wow...I would have thought you are a model. You are beautiful"

He is very cute, but how should respond on a way that doesn't sound cheesy while encouraging him to keep the conversation going?

THANKS!

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 4

• I don't think you have to worry about sounding cheesy when he first gives you a cheesy line like that :p

Cheesiness aside, I would probably respond with something like this:

Thanks! You don't look to bad yourself. But what else do you have going for yourself besides your looks? (add smiley of choice here)

• "nah, that's just photoshop, you should see me in real life."

• Not a very original copy and paste message if you ask me

• make the guy laught somehow with your response..

What Girls Said 4

• If you want to start a conversation, ask him a question. I doubt you'll sound cheesy whatever you choose to say, but a simple thanks would proobably wrap that one up.

• I'd just say "Thank you." That way, you're accepting the compliment, but not giving in to the cheesy line. Unless he's a weirdo (judging by his pics and questions/answers)... then I'd just ignore him or block if he kept bugging me.

• Just say "well thanks and I thought you would have been a sexy handsome man but it seems we are both mistaken...haha ;)" than say something like "so what else do you do besides throwing out compliments?"

• Call him out on his generic pickup line =P