Is it weird that no girl has ever been interested in me?

I'm 23 years old. I don't party, drink or any of that. In a year I will graduate from med school. Given that profile, you would think that I'm just a very studious type, but trust me, I love to joke around, I can make people laugh, I love movies and music and stuff like that. The only drawback is that I'm pretty average in looks and thin, but that hasn't stopped other people I've seen. No girl has ever been interested in me. I asked one girl out on a date and we went on it, but I don't think she had any more than friendship on her mind.

I know how to flirt and tease and all that and I think I'm pretty good at it, but it hasn't translated to results.

Okay, I left out that up until three or four years ago I was really shy and had a hard time holding conversations or anything social like that. I've gotten 100000000000000x better at it and I feel pretty confident at it now.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're probably just not physically attractive. Especially since you're almost out of medical school, there should at LEAST be some gold-digger girls trying to date you with the hopes of marrying you. I actually see that a lot, even if the guy isn't very attractive.

• I admit I'm not up there in terms of looks or any of that, but I don't think I'm hideous. I'm not white, either, but I'm not sure if that matters.

• yeah working out is a problem. I'm fit enough and I keep in shape because I still play sports, but I'm skinny so it doesn't really show. And my Indian girl network has fizzled out...not many options there right now.

• Well, get bigger.

Muscle building has pretty much been cut down to a science. You know this. You're a doctor :D

You'd be surprised how much additional attention you get from women by having a winning body.

After gaining 40 lbs of muscle, believe me, I realize women are just as shallow as men, haha.

What Girls Said 3

• The only thing I can think of is that you may not actually realize the women who are in fact interested are interested and/or you may not be interested in them.

It's also possible that because you spend a lot of time studying, many women are either a) out doing anything BUT study and so are looking for others like them, or are b) sitting at home studying and doing the same thing you are. You might just have to wait until after you graduate to find the women who'd match up with you well.

• If you can do all that, then what's the problem? You seem so social and speak highly of yourself, you must be a real ladies man then...

• no, I'm apparently not.

• I say put yourself out there and TRY HARDER! Someone is bound to notice your loneliness.

• you will find a woman to love you in time, too bad. Can you get on a bike, women like men who bike. mt bike better. or running. women likes men to workout outdoors.

What Guys Said 4

• If you ever find the answer to this question, I would love to know because other than blaming some sort of chemical and pheromone issues I haven't quite figured it out

• lets face it. you're boring. no persona whatsoever.

you have absolutely nothing going on except a good career in the future.

so, wait a few years, hook up with some anesthesiologist at work and get high together so she can overlook your fatal flaw.

• I don't think I'm boring.

• one thing. what's with the accent?

• well, I don't have one since I was born here. And trust me, I'm a lot better than other Indian guys and even some white guys around me at my game. Maybe it's not completely there yet, though.

• just get out there more, maybe join some of the social groups for various activities. In SF, I met a few girls during yoga. Do stuff that are active and you will meet good girls trying to better themselves and in shape :)

• i feel ya bro