Why would a girl keep talking/joking with a guy she thinks of as a jerk?

Seriously, this girl has called the guy a jerk to his face (and has every reason to since he has act like a jerk to her several times) and yet they still talk and joke around and playfully tease each other. Got me thinking of the whole "girls like guys who are jerks" thing and even though I've seen her extremely mad at him she will eventually forgive him or give him a chance and then they start talking, rinse and repeat.

She is an extremely nice and sweet girl and I don't know why she puts up with it now how much he can change her, she goes from being this nice and polite girl to everybody to this somewhat of a bully and "mean" person to him and yet they still talk and stuff, can anybody explain this to me?

So you would say that as big of a jerk that he is, that she is attracted to him/likes him? Is attraction the main incentive here?

Most Helpful Girl

• no, she's just having fun. She may be attracted to him, and he to her, but she likely knows better than to do more than flirt and joke around. The nicest girl has a witchy side to her, and sometimes joking around with a "jerk" or a guy who kind of pushes the limits can be fun if she wants to flex her inner witch. I've known guys who were sort of a jerk, and it was fun to flirt or joke around with them--but I wouldn't date them in a million bazillion years. It's just fun.

he's not the type of guy you date, bring home to mum, or even take seriously for a fraction of a second. I'll bet if he dropped off the planet tomorrow, she wouldn't give it too much thought. It's just fun.

What Girls Said 7

• I think it has something to do with how women like feeling wanted, and if the jerk happens to be the one giving her te attention she wants she's going to take it.

• not entirely. if she's smart and recognizes he's a jerk, she will get away from that, asap!

• Cause she still has hope that He wil change.. :(

• Trying to be nice and she's very naive and doesn't have a spine.

She doesn't have to like him to be all the above though it is possible.

Really have to stay away from those girls unless you want to bare their foolishness.

• As much of a jerk he is, he is probably attractive or knows how to flirt.

• That's one reason why I would like a guy like that. >_<

• Really? So if a guy is a jerk but knows how to talk to you, would you keep giving him breaks? What goes through your mind when he is a jerk but can get you talking again? I really want to know, maybe I could use some of that advice haha

• For me, I used to think that it's the only guy that makes my life fun, and exciting so why not just put up with it, hoping that one day that guy will change. haha.. I know silly me. Just learn how to flirt good! lols XD Sometimes jerks are people who knows how to stand up for themselves or comes off as confident which makes them attractive. You don't have to be a jerk. lols

• They're playfully teasing each other and he's probably really attractive. however if he's seriously disrespecting her, then she's got low self esteem any way you look at it.

• Well, they do. However, there are times where you can see she is really pissed at him and they won't talk to each other but after a few days, there they go again and I know they are not dating or anything, its kind of a weird relationship they have going, its like watching a little boy and girl fight and tease each other. If it goes as far as her calling him a jerk, then I wonder if she really thinks that or not I see them a lot because we are in the same group and I thought it was "interesting"

• is he attractive? that's why.. lol that's the only reason I can think of any girl would continue to speak to an a**hole

What Guys Said 0