Do you guys/girls wait before responding to a text message/social network message?

I mean, when you're really having a virtual conversation.

I HATE when people do it, it makes me think that they're not interested in talking with me or that they don't enjoy the conversation (if they're not busy, of course, then that's fine).

And I feel forced to wait too, sometimes, or I get tired of talking.

Most Helpful Guy

• I figure if they want a conversation in real time, pick up the damn phone.

SMS means they think it's not important, and if I answer it at all, I'll do so in my own time, when I have nothing better to do.

SMS is no way to have a virtual conversation.

What Guys Said 1

• Text messages were not intended for virtual conversations. I HATE when people feel that they should carry on via text when you can relay more information on a phone call.

What Girls Said 3

• I rarely text to have a conversation. I mostly just text if I'm making plans with someone or I have a question to ask them, etc.

If I want to have a conversation with someone, then I'll call them.

• I respond as soon as I see it

• Yeh sometimes I'm busy, sometimes I just can't think of a reply straight away and then forget to reply at all. People know I'm not that big on texting though so it's generally not that big a deal.