"What's wrong?"...in return the sounds of crickets.

I'm a girl..obviously lol and I'm taking an interest in therapy. And one thing that I've always thought about was why do girls like me, myself not answer a guy when they ask "what's wrong?" I think its because I don't want to actually tell him I just want him to know what's wrong, ESPECIALLY if he's the one who caused it. HAHA.

"Just ask me. Might answer, might not. Either way, check back tomorrow."

Most Helpful Guy

• I think guys do this to, sometimes you just do not want to the people your problems or what is bugging you, especially when the person asking is the one who did something like you said. Also, you do not want to see their reaction or you are unsure of how they will react, if the person will be angry or sad.

What Guys Said 5

• Maybe you are not brave enough to confront your feelings so you avoid them. A relationship doesn't work with all these guessing games (trust me I have been there), you need to be open and honest. If he is not treating you well and you just ignore him he won't be able to figure out what he did wrong. So be open about it, and if he really cares for you he won't do it next time.

• Like girls never slight the men they are with and not know what they did... Women foul up a lot. Men just tend to let them know, which sometimes leads the girl getting her feelings hurt and then thinking the man was at fault for the entire situation... *smh* We're not mind readers. If you have an issue, learn to talk about it. When you make a mistake, learn to apologize for it. Playing the victim and not working out your problems only leads to failed relationships.

• And THAT'S why girls are so frustrating! Guys can't read into things, they need to be flat-out told. And we appreciate that lol.

• haha, I feel for you guys in a sense. us girls are a little confusing sometimes but so are men! lol

• I think girls tend to read too much into things, which is why men seem confusing. But really, we're pretty straight-forward. Just ask lol

• You don't need to be a girl to not say everything that's on your mind.

• Non-confrontational but being passive-aggressive is very common with females

• I just assume it's because girls are crazy. That's actually a working default explanation for most of what you people do.

What Girls Said 4

• The times I haven't given an answer were either I honestly didn't know how to verbalize what I was thinking, it wouldn't come out. Or other times like someone else said I don't want to feel that pity or have someone be sorry for me or the situation that is out of their control.

Typically if its a situation where the person themselves are the cause of the problem I tell them everything but if its a deeper or issue with myself I tend to have problems expressing that or don't want to have them be "Sorry".

• I think one of the reasons girls might do it more than guys on average is the fear of being told they're "being too sensitive" "overemotional" or "crazy" over whatever they're upset about. That's one of the reasons it took me forever to be straight-forward about my feelings.

• I think because some girls think that speaking their mind would be interpreted as being a bitch. If he knew he wouldn't ask.

• Usually it's because I don't like when people pitty me or feel sorry for me. So, I usually just say nothing' and change the subject. But, I know that's not a good way of going about things. I just don't know how to express myself to people