Am I in the right situation to try joining online dating websites?

I'm almost 21. Never did any dating in high school. Most guys I've gotten to know at my community college already have girlfriends or are too old for me (late 30's-40's), or have work and families. I haven't put in tons of effort here because I'm transferring to a school that's almost 5 hours away in Wisconsin in January. At that school, the student body is 65% female, so I'm wondering if that will hinder my chances of finding someone.

Am I too young to start giving online dating sites a shot? Even if I don't find a guy who seems like boyfriend material, I still like making online friends as well.

Most Helpful Guy

• I do not think you're too young to start giving online dating a chance. However, I would just say to keep an open mind about what you're looking for, but also be cautious since bad things are happening daily over the Internet. There are a lot of young guys and young girls participating in online dating. Just have an idea of what you want in a relationship and what type of person you are looking for. If you already know or have some idea then you are already one step ahead. The only hard part is deciding on an online dating website since there are so many websites in today's time. I hope my advice can give you some comfort and best of luck in your journey. Keep me posted okay!

• Thanks! I'll just add you, that way I'll know for sure I can keep you posted! :)

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 5

• Online dating should be your last resort for a dating life.

Considering you are almost 21 you should be going out to clubs and having a great time not settling down and looking for a boyfriend! Have a great time first with friends, then later on you will find a guy that matches your likes and dislikes

• See, the thing is that I'm not the clubbing, drinking and smoking party girl-type. I'm more of a concert-going, movie watching kind of girl. More homebody I guess. There aren't a lot of things I'm interesting in where I can go somewhere and just meet a lot of people. I've made friends for a night at a concert, but we never exchange numbers or anything like that.

• I disagree. You can still be in a relationship and go out. I do it, so does my SO. I'm 21 and I go out of the country with my SO and I would much rather do that then go to some tacky nightclub. I

• The only thing that can hinder your chances of finding someone is limiting yourself. Online dating certainly is prominent these days, but it shouldn't be solely relied on. Everything still leads up to conventional dating in person, so you'll still have to work on your dating-in-person skills. If you want regular friends, use something like Facebook. Many people on dating sites are solely there to troll and send nude pictures (put female as your gender and watch your inbox fill). It's tedious to sort through these a**holes, but worth it to find that special someone, no? There's lots of things you need to be aware of before starting online dating, it's a very lucrative business and there's tons of scams going on with them.

• idk I'm not a huge fan of online dating sites but I've never tried them so I could be missing out.

• I'm 19 and I'm signed up for a few, so no I don't think you are :)

• you're not too young, but don't expect anything great or profound if you start an online dating profile.

Most people click through profiles really fast because since there are so many to choose from, they easily dismiss dozens of profiles.

What Girls Said 2

• You're not too young to use dating sites. The worst thing you'll have to worry about is meeting up with a pervert or having much older men trying to hit on you and I'm pretty sure no 20 year old wants to date a 57 year old. Then again, who knows? Watch out for married men and make sure the guy lives in the same region. Other than that, have fun. Dating sites open up a whole new world.

• You're not too young to do it. in fact, it's pretty common and popular now. a lot of my friends do it and we see people we know in real life on there too. it's just an interesting/ lazy way of meeting new people who you would never meet in your own existed social circle. tried it when I was your age but thought that it wasn't for me. in my case, I find the guys I meet in real life to be better than the ones I met online. but it's different for everyone. good luck! just be open-minded yet be cautious when you do it!