Do you message back to be nice or to keep the convo going?

Has this ever happened to you? You message somebody asking them something like 'whats your favorite TV show" and they just reply with something like "walking dead"

Normally to keep the conversation going one might return the question but if they don't are they really even interested in talking or are they just being nice?

Most Helpful Girl

• Both I think... I remember a guy kept doing this to me, I don't get it, its ridiculous for me to have to come up with everything after prompt to talk and then reply in this manner. Whatever it is, they need to go about it another way. I stopped talking to that guy because I can't be bothered to figure him out.

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe they are just busy. Or either they don't watch much TV shows and therefore don't know much, so they just give you a simple answer.

• If someone is only replying out of politeness, they will keep it brief. Otherwise if they're replying because they're interested in getting to know you, whether as a friend or something more, they'll usually try their best to keep the conversation going. Normally, the easiest way to continue a conversation is to elaborate or ask a back a question.

What Guys Said 2

• Happens all the time. I always wonder about this too.

Most often when I want to continue the convo, I'll say more than just the answer to their question. Conversations are supposed to be a back and forth interaction, otherwise it's like "Alright thanks for answering the survey" know what I mean.

• i try not to text more than I need to because I find it tedious. so yeah I'm one of those people that will say 'k' to a page long text lol