What are some good talking points?

Girls, what are some good subjects to talk about when making small talk. I always ask the question of where do you go to college and what's your major or I try to tell them what I do for a living and I can never seem to get a girl to take an interest and talk back or ask a question to keep the conversation going?

Most Helpful Girl

• Find out what she's interested in -- look for cues. For example: Does she have dog hair on her clothes? (This is usually the case with me, I have a German Shedder :D ) In that case, ask her if she has animals. What kind of animals? Based on her level of interest in that topic, proceed to other questions related to animals. If not, switch gear and ask her what she likes to do, outside of work or school. Proceed from there.

Basic principle: Regardless of gender, people just tend to like people who seem interested in them. As in asking questions WITHOUT AN AGENDA. Believe me, anyone with half a brain can spot that a mile away. If you think back to most of the people you truly enjoy spending time with, they will likely have one thing in common: they are truly interested in you to ask questions about your life AND problems and they listen, they truly listen.

What Girls Said 1

• Common interest type things are really good. That's actually what I try to stick to when I'm first meeting someone online or in real life... music, movies/TV, sports, hobbies. Anything like that is fair game - things where you SHOULD be able to have differing opinions from someone without offending them, and you learn about them without getting too personal or creepy.

What Guys Said 1

• your ex-es are always a good topic.