Did I wait too long before answering?

My brothers friend asked me out the other day. I didn't see that one coming at all, I was totally overwhelmed. He was like "would you like to go out with me sometime?" And I just stood there with my mouth open for a couple of seconds, before I could say yes.

My (male) friend said I should have responded quicker, that now he will feel bad. So should I apologize or something?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just tell him you were caught totally off guard and that it wasn't a hesitation about him. Thank him for asking you and tell him you were very flattered (provided you were).

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe let him know on the date that you were very surprised he asked you but that you are glad he did. That should clear up any worry he has.

• Ok, the amount of time in which you answered doesn't really matter. Yes, it may have been a little embarrassing at first for him, but the point is that you said yes! I mean, if you really feel bad you could apologize, but focus on the fun you'll have going out with him. Don't obsess over it. I'll bet you that he's forgotten all about it and is just happy to go out with you-why else would he ask you?

• Why would you want to apologize? You said YES. You were just suprised nothing to be ashamed about.