Is it OK if we both seemed kind of nervous on a first date?

I got a message from this girl from out of town who is moving here next month for a job. We've been texting a lot and she always seems to be initiating contact. She's always really excited to talk to me, we have like 1-2 seperate text convos most days and we finally got to meet up. From the start I was really nervous. I get really bad anxiety sometimes especially on like a promising first date. It was definitely half good time half nervous and she was a little nervous too. She said she had to leave early because the drive home takes a long time which I thought might be her excusing herself but when I dropped her at her car she asked if I was going to get my phone fixed since it hasn't been working very well so I'm not sure if she had a good time or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• Being nervous is okay. Being detached is not. :) I really can't blame a guy for being nervous... He probably feels super pressured to make sure I'm enjoying myself lol.

What Girls Said 2

• Being nervous is alright, everyone's nervous on their first date. Always thinking your gonna mess up or whatever, but it seems like your date went well. Don't worry so much :)

• Sound sweet. I was never all that nervous. But people do especially if they like you a lot. Just tell her you had a good time and would love to hang out again.

What Guys Said 2

• yeah its normal to be nervous on a first date , that sounds normal to me . it be abnormal if there was not some degree of awkwardness on a first date with someone new

• Just relax and tell her that you were nervous and after a few more times of hanging out with her you will be much less nervous. I think you still have a chance with her