Girls, do you watch what you order?

When you're on a date, do you watch the price of what you order and order something cheaper, or do you get what you want and offer to pay at the end? Or do you just not care?

• Order what I want and offer to pay
  • Order a cheap meal
  • Order what I want and don't care
  • I always split the bill
  • I always pay for the whole meal

Most Helpful Girl

• they are the guys they have to pay no matter what.. well they should. this happened today lol, everything was expensive so I just got whatever. you shouldn't worry about that, its their job (:

What Guys Said 3

• If I've asked you out to dinner and chosen the restaurant, then I expect to pay. I should know up front what the prevailing rates are for most items on the menu and be prepared to foot the bill for whatever you choose.

If it's a romantic dinner and I'm trying to impress, I'll figure in the added cost of wine with the meal and after dinner dessert and possibly a cocktail or two and coffee.

If I think you've deliberately chosen to pig out on the highest dollar items on the menu it might turn out to be the last supper..on me anyway..haha

I would never begrudge you a nice meal, refreshments and dessert..and I feel confident you'd never embarrass yourself by overindulging. or me by emptying my wallet for one meal.

• When I take a woman on a date, I'm very careful to explain up front that we'll be sharing one meal, and she'll be paying the $3.00 "extra plate" charge. I also make it clear that I'll be eating the meat, and she'll get half the potato and vegetable. Too bad you're so young or I'd invite you out to dinner.

• Question, those voting A, do you offer cause you know the guy is likely going to say "it's no big deal" and pay anyways? Or if he actually said "ok" you'd pay :P I wonder how many are manipulative vs how many are sincere.

What Girls Said 6

• At this point in my life if the guy does not pay for the first date its a deal breaker. I'm not saying I'm a gold digger but I know a few very cheep exs who had money and just didn't care to offer to pay. I have paid for many first dates and I get sick of it. When I offer to pay on a first date its a test because he should say no. I don't mind paying for things but its something the guy should do on the first date. I always order something not too expensive just in case the guy does pay.

• I would order a cheap meal anyway because most likely when I offer to pay he will refuse to let me. I used to have a hard time letting guys pay, but at the same time I want him to want to pay; if that makes sense. I'm getting better at it though.

• I don't look at the price when ordering. Whether I'm paying or he is..

Food is food and I'm going to eat it.

• I always watch the price anyway. Even if it's just me.

• i always go into a date with the intent of paying for my meal, so I order waht I want!

but the guy usually offers to pay, in which case I graciously accept heh heh

• on a first date I order what I want and don't care. every guy has always paid for me. I won't get the most expensive thing to look like a brat but I won't get something cheap because I "feel bad"