How do I know what he really wants?

I've been friends with this guy for quite a while, and we have sex frequently. Lately, he's been introducing me to his friends as his girlfriend. He's taking my daughter and I on a three week vacation, and footing the bill. The problem is, however, when we spoke about our relationship, he told me that he wants to be with me, but he has a friend who is getting divorced soon, and he thinks when he sees her, they're going to most likely have sex, but that he doesn't want to date her, he wants to date me, and if he feels guilty about doing it with her, then he'll know we're meant to be together. I don't know what to think. Does he really want me, or is he just leading me on?

Most Helpful Girl

• then why the hell does he have to have sex with her to determine that, I think he's stupid.

What Guys Said 2

• You have no idea what he wants, because he doesn't.

If sleeping with someone else is going to be how he defines a relationship, that just seems weird to me.

Give him credit for being honest, look at this from your view, what is best for you? And that will help decide if you want to take this to another level. Good luck.

• take him at his word unless he gives you reason to do otherwise, if you don't like what he is proposing then you need to make some decisions.

What Girls Said 1

• WTF.

Ok, good that he's honest with you but to not know whether he wants to be with you or not and then to still want to have sex with someone else? I wouldn't bank all my money on this kind of guy. Sorry. I think women in general deserves better than a man who is afraid to commit at any level. At least make it clear to you that he wants to take your FWB relationship to the next level, for goodness sake. Hope you sort it out.