Question for the girls. How much time do you need to dress for the date?

Question for the girls. How much time do you need to dress for the date? 15 minutes, half hour, hour, more than one hour?

• 15 minutes
  • Half hour
  • Hour
  • More than one hour

Most Helpful Girl

• even less than 15 minutes actually. I don't do anything special with my hair or make usually . I just have a shower, I let my hair air dry and don't do anything else to it, exet brushing. Then 10 min before I leave I put on my usual make up, some dress (or appropriate clothing for the date) and leave.

I think about what do wear sometime during the day when I a few minutes like in the bus, so I don't really count that.

Studies show that men on average don't really care about our make up or dress on date, women on the other hand do. So girls - don't worry; men - worry!

What Girls Said 48

• Usually, I already have in my head what I'm going to wear for occassions I want to look good or portray a certain image, so if it's a first date I'll have thought it through and narrowed it down to a few options. I'll try those on, decide what I like best, and wear it. That takes about 15 minutes.

If it's a date with a guy I've been dating awhile, unless it's a special occassion, it would take like 5 minutes- I'd be wearing jeans and a t-shirt/tank top.

If we're throwing shower, hair, and make-up into the mix, I'd say about 45 minutes- 20 for shower, 10 for hair/makeup/moisturizing etc., and 15 to get dressed. All in all, I'm a fairly low-maintenance kind of girl...

• I usually set aside a full hour to get ready, but most of this time is spent trying on different outfits and getting my hair to fall just right. If I picked out my outfit beforehand and I'm having a good hair day, I can easily be ready in just a half hour.

• If I need to shower, I'd say 10min for the shower, 10min for hair, and 10min for makeup/getting dressed so 30 minutes total.

If I don't need to shower, it only takes 5 min for hair and 10min for makeup/getting dressed so 15 minutes.

Depending on how much time I have, I can do it all in a shorter amount of time if needed...

And sometimes if I'm nervous for the date I'll take a lot longer making sure I look the best I can look...lol

(:

• Just getting dressed, 15 minutes...

But cleaning, hair, nails, make-up and planning take longer...

and it all depends on the date...

Sat night, I got all decked out for Cavalia and it took me over an hour all told.

Last night, we went to an Argo's game.. and took 25 min all told...

• It really depends whether I am taking a shower or not. I voted for half an hour, but taking a shower would probably tack on about 45 minutes.

• 10 Min. to get in the shower

25 - 30 Min. Shower + (Shaving)

4 Min. drying body and hair with towel.

5 Min. applying lotion all over my body.

3 Min. brushing teeth + flossing

2 Min. dressing up in something comfy to get ready.

20 Min. Blow drying hair

6 Min. fixing final hair style.

10 Min. on eye make up *The only make up I wear.

1 Hour to find what I'm going to wear for the date... Even if I had previously chosen/selected what I was going to wear *it always happens* I hate it.

10 Min. deciding what shoes to wear.

.

Now, do the math if you want... usually it's that long.. More or less depending on where the date is going to be or who I'm going with.

.

AND

.

10 Sec. applying small amount of perfume. :] I'm READY! :D

• More than an hour if I want to take my time I usually give myself more time for that reason. But if I need to go somewhere I can throw myself together in 15ish minutes.

• Can't answer yet- do you mean how much time is actually spent getting ready?. . . Don't know. 'Cause I start out doing routine hygiene maintenance- then I'll put on music or decide to spend those precious five dollars on an album on amazon and not make it to putting music on for ten minutes. How many things come up or catch my eye before resuming any "prep" is beyond anyone's guess.

• Fifteen minutes is the absolute minimum, but if someone gave me 2 hours, I'd use it. For example, a bubble bath wouldn't go astray to calm the nerves before getting dressed ;)

• time it takes to shower : 15-20 min ( but it can be 10 if I am in a hurry)

time it takes to cream : 2 mins

my skin

time it takes to put on : 5 mins

clothes ,accessories

and shoes

time to put on makeup : 10 mins

I always make sure to be on time, I like being on time, I hate waiting on others so I wouldn't do it to my date.

• It takes me two hours to get ready for anything(work, school, etc)...a date - probably 2 and a half.

• It takes me an hour... shower, hair, clothes and make up.

(But I start thinking about what to wear like 5 hours before, haha.)

• It also depends on if it's a dress up date or a sporty date. If we're going to do a sports activity, heck! 10 minutes, throw on some shorts & a t-shirt, brush my hair & teeth & I'm out the door.

Going out to a nice, more formal place? I'm going to put myself together a little better. I could do that quicker, but after rushing through the work week to get here & there so fast, I like to slow down & take my time a bit more. You know, relax & get ready for my man so I'll enjoy myself & hopefully make the evening enjoyable for him too.

• At least 45 Minutes

• If by dress you mean clothes as well as hair and makeup then I need from 30-60 mins. But if we're only talking dressing then it's less than 10 mins.

• no matter how prepared we could be, we still need lavish time to ensure we're all good to go.

more than an hour is most advisable though an hour isn't bad either but less no then you're asking for trouble, an unhappy girl whom had less time makes an unhappy date no matter how good you make her feel, she can regret not having that perfect shade of lipstick or more blush or another shoe.

• More than one hour.My make up is already 30 minutes because date is very special for me and I want to look good.

• 30-60 minutes. This includes showering, hair drying, and make-up. I've taken longer before, but that was when my friends decided they should come over and help me pick out an outfit, and we got distracted goofing around.

• If it's my first date I will spend more than an hour getting ready for it, but once I get to know that person more & more I get more comfortable & don't have to do much to impress them.

• Probably one hour. I shower, wash and condition my hair, cleanse and moisturize face, brush and floss my teeth, put on some makeup (powder, blush, mascara, eyeliner, eyebrows), brush and do my hair, get dressed. But that's my normal routine, I do that almost always when I go out of my house, doesn't matter if it's for a date, school, work or shopping. Unless it's a sports date though, then I would skip the hair and most of the makeup and need about 40 minutes.

• Hour to hour and a half- depending on how fancy the date is.

• I don't even know why it takes me so long to get dressed, I usually already know what I'm wearing and I don't wear make up, time just flies on by.

• About half an hour to an hour, I think :)

• Depends what I am doing and where I'm going. Usually it can range from all those times.

• Actually, about 45 mins, including shower but I usually prepare one hour in advance (bc in case my eyeliner's shaky, I can redo it lol)

• An hour at most. It's usually because I can't decide on what to wear

• An hour.. And maybe an extra 15 minutes, that's just making sure my outfit and hair looks nice.

• For a date a hour or more.

Hair

Shower

Makeup

More Shaving

Lotion

Mouth (teeth)

Clothes

Shoes

Then spending the rest of the time changing things because you think they are wrong or worrying about them.

• Depends...where are we going?

• It takes me close to an hour just to get ready for school in the morning... For a date, I'd probably add in another 15-30, depending on how much I am attracted to the guy... 1.5 hours in total. Max.

• More from Girls
    18

What Guys Said 2

• Holy sh*t. Girls take a hell of a long time to get ready! I guess that makes me feel special now though that they take so much time just for meeee :P

• ALL AVAILABLE TIME + 20 min