Is a guy who is wise a turn on?

Is it an attractive quality to see that a guy is very wise? As in he's really good at giving advice and seems to know a lot about life. He's like the dad of the group.

I've always had friends tell me I'm wise beyond my years or that I would make a good dad. My friends always come to me for advice and every time are amazed by my insight forethought.

Is this an attractive quality in a man or do you find guys like this to be boring and too serious?

As some have mentioned, its maturity. I'm only 24 but I probably act more like I'm in my 30's. I'm just always the guy who gives people that life changing advice whether it be about relationships, their career, school, family & friends, etc. Another way to put it as my friend once said "You actually have common sense".
Man why do people get so offended so easily. I love to troll people. It's the internet after all and I'm also a gemini. If you throw sh*t at me, I'll throw an entire pile of it right back at you.
Sorry that calling a girl with her t*ts hanging out a slut apparently made me look immature. Why do people continue to defend the dumb and hopeless. Let those who fail, learn to swim or drown on their own. I've had enough trolling on this thread, I'll be moving to other threats to feed my hunger for stupid, gullible, and vulnerable people. Trail by fire will make those who are weak strong. Get ready cus GaG is about to heat up.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it is really sexy when a guy is mature, wise, and can hold a conversation. I've been told the same, but that is just because I have been through a lot in my life so when I see immaturity in people, it just annoys me. People do get offended easy too I have noticed, at little things, when they haven't even known REAL offense. Side note: if a girl has her breasts hanging out of her shirt, she is just asking to be called a not so nice name. They are originally doing that for attention, they just think it should be all good attention. You sound pretty awesome, just saying.

What Girls Said 13

• Yeah.

I like that. I actually like to be around people like that. Wise people are one of the few types of people I am comfortable with. Its probably because wise people seem so calm and understanding. That's not boring at all. Its rare to find people like that :D

• "As some have mentioned, it's maturity" - having read some of your comments to certain answers on here, I must say you really do not sound mature at all.

Sorry, but what you're saying here is really making you look like you try to impress us. TURN OFF.

• No I just like trolling idiots and I have the intelligence to do so.

• LOL, this guy is such a loser :D

• @QA: Wow, really "mature" of you. Yep...

• yes, I do find it a turn on to a certain extent. if he is wiser than his friends, means he's mature and more understanding of me. but it can also work on the other way around, when his intelligence is far off higher than mine that I could understand nothing of what he said or challenged too much that I get annoyed :P

• Wise - yes.

Wise ass - no.

(Not saying are one)

You may be wise, but you don't seem to be very modest. That's a turn off then.

• Your update kinda just proved me right - you're defintiely not modest about yourself. And modesty is part of mature behavior IMO. Actually you're very close to showing off...

• Let's not kid ourselves hunny. The reality is that people will judge you by how you look. This is what I mean by common sense. Anyone who has it would realize that dressing like a slut will get you treated like a slut. Don't get pissed when you get what's coming to you. If I'm guilty of showing off to the GaG community via my words, than so are you, via your picture.

• I agree with her. You do sound a little like you're trying to show off. And calling her a "hooker" just because you don't like the way she dresses really shows how you're NOT wise and mature AT ALL. You're actually pretty lame and immature for acting like that.

• Huge turn on because it's extraordinarily rare (unfortunately).

• get better friends

• ...?

• your friends tell you "you acutally have common sense" would imply that they think they do not

• I don't see your logic. Just because you state someone has a trait doesn't imply the absence of it in yourself. Let me make it more clear I will quote my friend "You know one thing I really like about you man, not only are you intelligent, but you actually have common sense, which most people today don't have".

• I would find that to be very attractive as long as he can be silly once in awhile.

• no way very sexy!

• It shows me your level if maturity in some ways so yes.

• I love wisdom, it is a BIG turn on to me.

• very sexy...but it can border on know-it-all

• As long as he knows the difference of wise and know it all

• Hell yes it's a turn on! Even if I didn't find them attractive at first that would change fast. But that only happens if they are also humble and down to the earth at the same time without needing to be macho to put a cover over their insecurities.

What Guys Said 9

• My sense is they like it, but smart analytical guys friendzone themselves more often.

Overthinking is not good when flirting, dating, escalating, etc.

• I don't bring that into dating. Its just gotten to the point where people know I'm smart and wise so they contact me when they need advice. Like my buddy who recently broke up with his girlfriend and started texting me. He was floored by the quality of my advice. I'm smart enough to know that getting to close with a girl like that will friend zone you. I limit my advice when it comes to my female clients lol.

• Moderation...I'm the same way and people generally like it (leadership quality) but this can get annoying very quickly. Give advice but don't preach. Gotta learn when to take it down a notch and lighten up for a bit. Once you balance that out, this is a very good quality to have.

• I do agree and I try to make sure I don't come off and preaching.

• ...DAFUQ happened to moderation...

• Yes, girls do find intelligence attractive. Like the others have said, it's annoying when taken to an extreme. Although, the wise guy is friend zoned often because girls find him to be the perfect soundboard.

• In the end it all depends on the person. Some girls don't like wise guys... I mean guys with wisdom. In reality the wise man tells others what they should do and shouldn't do(passes on knowledge to others). Some girls misinterpret this and don't respond well when a guy tells them what they should do or shouldn't do... it happens with guys as well.

• Dude, don't listen to any of these women. When they say "yes", in their mind they're thinking of the men they find attractive regardless.

They're thinking of the man who's confident, charming, humorous, caring, strong, a protector, and a provider all while they think of that guy who is "wise."

In that situation, it doesn't really matter of the guy is a damn sage or not...He's already hot, and anything on top is a plus.

• @ your last update: if you were truly mature and wise, then you wouldn't comment the way you did. Even if that's what you think about her, a mature and wise person doesn't call a 16 year old girl a hooker for the way she looks in her profile pic. Nor does he even think her opinion is any less worth just because of her looks. If you don't agree with what she had to say, than use real counterarguments instead of insulting her. You can disagree with her, but not because of her looks. That's just no reason.

A smart person knows that, no matter what you think about someone's looks, their opinion is still worth the same as yours, as long as it's a sincere opinion.

Sorry, but I have to agree with the others...you sure are not mature or wise at all. You actually seem very superficial and ignorant.

• You sound like a guy who tries not to show how bigheaded he is, but still wants to let everybody know how "mature" and "wise" he is. FAIL.

• This is a stupid question. Everybody is wise in their own little area of life.

• Then why do 100's (no exaggeration) of people both my age as well as adults twice my age tell me this? I even had a highly renowned doctor tell me he envied me and that I was wise beyond my years.

• Girls say it is... until you start telling them what they don't want to hear. Then you're just as much a jerk as the next guy.