Do you think he really feels this way about me? He said I love you..

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about two months now. He always says things like "I like you," "I like being with you," "You're pretty."

BUT the last time I was with him he was saying all of the above in a list while kissing me and then he muttered "I love you."

And I was shocked. I just pulled away and said "What?" and he just stared at me before kissing me again.

Do you think it just slipped up? Did he not mean it? Because I have only gone out with him for about two months, is it crazy that he said it this early?

I adore him, but to me 'love' comes after sex, after several months of really knowing that person and being with them.

I don't even know how to react?

Most Helpful Guy

• Understand that kissing and making out and other "sexual stuff" is HUGELY INTENSE for a guy, especially if you're one of the first girls he's ever done it with. He's been thinking about girls for years, and now he finally has one, and it's overwhelming to him. Plus, he is almost certainly infatuated.

The problem is that most people don't really know what "love" really is at that age. They may say it, and even think they're feeling it, but they don't truly undersand what it means. By the time most guys hit college age, they at least figure out that they don't in fact know what love means, and they stop saying it, and the word usually doens't reappear in their vocabulary until their late 20s or early 30s, when they are finally ready for a serious relationship.

So, while he isn't lying (he really believes he feels that way), you need to realize that he likely doesn't understand what he's saying, and so you shouldn't put too much weight on those words right now. He's young, inexperienced, and still trying to figure out who he is and what he wants (and I'm sure you are too), so don't expect "forever" from him; that's unrealisitc at your age.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Well, he thinks he loves you maybe. I mean it's not that weird.

You don't have to love him back yet or anything. Maybe he means love as in he really likes you. Not everyone means it the same way.

• Everyone falls in love at different times. It may have slipped out but that doesn't mean he didn't mean it. You don't have to love him back this early, you don't have to say "I love you" until you're sure and ready to say it.

No one online knows how he feels except him. We can only speculate. But actually, I think love should come BEFORE sex. I would never have sex with someone I didn't already love.

• I agree with your opinion completely. Especially the love should come BEFORE sex.