Guys are actually shy when it comes to kissing a girl you like? Why?

I met this guy and I know he likes me. I never judge a person but before I met him and got to know him a little he looked like someone that might be cocky and confident about himself. His profession is a counselor for children so I figured he has no problem initiating when it comes to dating. I was wrong. I have been initiating and I pulled a fast feather kiss on him one night. I guess we were both shy lol. Anyway, sometimes I think is he is not really interested in me but I don't know why because I know he is. We communicate almost every day. I have never dated a shy one before. Should I just keep initiating? He initiated text a couple of times and he is slowly warming up. I guess the kiss will happen when it happens and when or if it is supposed to happen. I like him lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not shy when it comes to first kissing a girl. Actually, that's an incredible moment: two people coming physically together for the first time, you don't know how it's going to turn out/feel, your heart beats in your chest. A first kiss with a new person is a beautiful moment.

Now on to your specific issue. If this guy is shy or inexperienced with women, then you have to lead/ initiate for a while until he's comfortable enough to open up to you and be more relaxed. If he talks with you and spends time with you then he's interested in you. Just realize you may need to lead for a while and if that bothers you then find another guy. If not and he seems worth it, then keep at it.

What Guys Said 4

• I'm a really shy person why I like the girl I fumble words and generally embarrass myself, despite coming across as confident. Like you said he will begin to be more comfortable and start joking more and being himself more as he becomes more comfortable around you. The sucky part is it will take longer then with a confident guy, but he will be more caring and sensitive about not hurting your feelings by doing something stupid. So sucky short term, but better long term :).

• You just have to realize that as men we have more to lose by guessing wrong. If we get to physical (like kissing) too soon or when you don't want it, it can be disastrous. Girls are also naturally more flirtatious than men, so no matter how many solid hints you leave, it can be hard for us to no for sure if you really want what we think you want.

• Well, as usual I can't speak to your individual situation, but I can confirm that yes some guys are shy when it comes to kissing a girl they like. Myself, I'm excrutiatingly shy when it comes to nearly all forms of physical contact.

Why? mostly because I'm not sure if she wants me to, and if she doesn't I don't know how she's going to react. I have pretty juvenile reasons I admit, but I'm always worried that I'm going to come off as creepy if I touch/hug/kiss/whatever too early. And I've been accused of that when it was with someone I wasn't even interested in. So for better or worse, it does happen. Again I admit not great reasons, but human interactions are something that I understand only in theory. When it comes to general practice, I suck at them.

• most of them are not shy while kissing the girl they like...but exceptions are always there.

What Girls Said 0