Why do guys look at other girls when they are in a relationship?

It seems pointless to look at other females when you have one right next to you. So, why do you do it?

I think it's because our society is bombarded by half naked girls we kind of have to look :/ Still doesn't make me any more comfortable though

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I am happily married and I still look at other women. The truth is there is nothing wrong with it. Why is it women look at other guys when in relationships? Its just natural, if we have a good cheeseburger in hand we look at another type of food for curiosity. Don't make a big deal from it, its human nature.

What Guys Said 6

• Are you talking about just looking, just a glance when a girl walks by? Some people are really nice to look at, you have to admit :P If my eyes linger on a girl, I'm not thinking, "man I'd tap that if it weren't for my old ball and chain" or "wow she's so much hotter than my girlfriend" or any of the things a lot of girls assume we're thinking. It's literally just aesthetics for me personally (not speaking for anyone else here, because apparently some men want more than one woman all of the time).

• What does aesthetics mean?

• It means it looks good :P Like I said, nice to look at. It's not necessarily boner-inducing.

• Not for me.

• Because men are not naturally monogamous, we always want more women even though we don't tell you that. TRUST ME. There isn't one man I've met in my life that didn't wish he could have as many women as he wanted.

• Impulse - noun

1. the influence of a particular feeling, mental state, etc.: to act under a generous impulse; to strike out at someone from an angry impulse.

2. sudden, involuntary inclination prompting to action: to be swayed by impulse.

3. an instance of this.

4. a psychic drive or instinctual urge.

5. an impelling action or force, driving onward or inducing motion.

• It's really just some people being more impulsive than cautious. Both men and women do this.

• We are just admiring or comparing you thinking AWE YWA our girl is better ;D

• Because we just do DAMMIT.

• Because men like sexual variety. Women are always trying to seek out the best man, even when they have one at their side, hence the obsession girls have with celebrities, powerful men and books like 50 Shades of Gray. Men like sexual variety and are far less picky about women in general than women are in reverse.

What Girls Said 3

• *It is not human nature to look at every and each girl for more than 5 seconds.

*We women at least most of us don't look at other guys like how the guys look at other girls.

*It is not in the men's blood, they can stop doing that if they want to, it is not that much hard to stop staring like a weirdo at other girls.

It is not hard to stop cheaking other girls out while you are with someone unless you are a di**Head then I can understand that you can't keep your eyes on one person and you should stay single.

• There are guys who have some respect for their women when they are with them and when they are away, I met few who don't check other girls around their gfs nor behind them. I can say, the respectiful men decreased very much.

• @Update: There is no excuse!

If some half naked girls got him to look that long then I think she is able to make him cheat!

• It's naturally for both sexes to look at others' whether or not they are in a relationship. If he is doing it right in front of you that is rude.

• it is their nature. men are drawn to many women, part of their primal urge to reproduce, but a decent guy who has morals and cares for a woman he is committed to will not stray from her given there are not major problems with the relationship

as long as he is only looking and not pursuing you shouldn't worry or be bothered. he's with you, that's the big sign