How do I stop overthinking things?

I over analyze a lot, especially with girls. I know how girls generally flirt, but when I see signs of flirting with me, I overthink and it causes me to hesitate when I want to approach or ask a girl out. It's as if I need concrete proof that she would like me if I asked her out (or already does like me and wants me to ask her out). So how do I stop overthinking?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you can just change yourself to stop overthinking it. You just need to be brave and just ask a girl out. You'll always end up wondering if she likes you and you'll never find out unless you ask her! Would you rather be always wondering or have a real chance to be with someone?

What Girls Said 4

• You, continue to think, and don't forget to ACT. I'm totally prothinking.

I don't know why thinking is held in such ill repute. imo. most people don't do enough of it- not in a serious 'thinking things thru, trying not to be prejudice, or too quick to assume' sort of way.

As long as you do not replace acting,with thinking, think all you like.

ie, In your case, just ask them out ;)

• Flirt back is the first thing you should do. The thing is, you're not going to have solid proof until you pluck up the courage to ask a lovely lady out and the chances are, she's waiting for you to make the move. Be a gent and ask, I know rejection must seem so scary and I don't know how you fellas do it but trust me, if you're on the money, you'll make her day. The worst she can say is no.

• i'm the same way. it suks. you gotta just try to clear you mind and do your best to "go with your gut" and listen to your heart. your mind will always make you second guess yourself.

its tough I know... but just ask her if you want, if you are unsure, maybe just casually at first. with a group or just to say "lets hang out" and go from there.

• Get drunk.

What Guys Said 1

• I used to be the same way, but then every time I wanted to get up the nerve to approach a girl and ask her out, I would just visualize what she looked like after she had taken a big stinking dump and was wiping her poo-laden butt. Now I wouldn't ask any of em out on a bet!