Guys and online dating?

I'm new to online dating so I find the whole thing rather mind boggling. I was exchanging messages with a guy and he asked me out for next week. I said yes. we talked once on instant messaging since. I have not received a message from him since (three days) Do guys normally message a girl a lot more if they are interested in them or is this usual (girl said yes so talk to her when you meet her)? Also, I have a lot of guys that I have been messaging with who haven't asked me out or haven't really messaged me lately but they are always visiting my profile page. What is that about

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes a guy might be waiting for you to come back online and IM you instead of sending you messages or winks. If you send a static message when a girl is offline, there's a good chance it won't be read or responded to, that's why you sometimes get repeat visitors. I don't message offline girls for that reason. Also, I don't message girls a lot that I'm meeting up with, as I'm not giving her my life story until she shows up in person. I've dealt with a lot of flaky internet girls, so I don't give any woman the benefit of the doubt until her butt actually shows up in person and then we'll take it form there. I do give her my phone number in case we need to be in touch to reschedule or someone gets lost/is running late.

What Guys Said 3

• For someone I haven't actually been out with yet, I usually have a low-profile approach to communicating. Basically the less time I've known someone or been seeing them, the less time I invest in them. As the level of commitment grows, so does the level of communication

• I try not to message women too much, since it usually just makes them ignore me.

• This is a problem more consistent with guys than with girls.

What Girls Said 1

• It happens to me often. I do not understand either!