Why do girls act like this?

I've noticed that I'm ONLY attracting the girls that I'm not particularly interested in. I sometimes respond to their texts, and I could careless what they want. I talk to them just like how I would to a neighbor or an acquaintance. When I do this, they simply won't stop texting me asking what/how I'm doing, checking up on me and stuff.

Why is it that girls are attracted to this "I don't care what happens between us" personality/attitude I give them? and when I show a girl a lot of interest and be a complete gentleman they NEVER talk to me again?

it's reverse psychology. Girls and Guys what are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• The ones who answer when they know you don't care.. maybe they're desperate or just like to talk to you.

The ones who don't answer to a gentlemen ... you had the term right ... they're GIRLS ... not Women.

They probably can't handle a real man right now. ; D

There's my 2 cents

• good answer, thanks. Do you think that the "girls" will think about the gentlemen they dated and realize that's who they REALLY want and get back with them?

• how old would you say for a girl to start liking a gentleman?

• There is no age really, it's a maturity thing.

What Girls Said 8

• Because women are drawn to what they cannot have. We want to understand and know "Why is he not chasing me?" and "Why is he not paying attention to me?".

Some women do better when they are not expected to like a guy-if you understand that logic. When we are not expected to like a guy because he simply likes us, We want to like a guy just as much as he likes us without already expecting it. Its nice when a man pays attention but we like to take control every now and test our limits with men-there responses, there expectations, and how they view us. I am really intrigued with some men who can do there own thing, and not worry so much about women and the drama they bring. It just makes me want to get to know them, their perception, their view, and their opinions. It makes them interesting to me. Its ironic, but incredibly sexy when a man can walk away from a woman because he knows there is more to life.

• also an immature way to understand a guy. lol

• Eh, I guess so, I did not say it was right, I said that is what we are drawn too. Big difference between what your working with and the right way.

• Honestly, because we refuse to believe there's a man that won't give us the time of day when we can easily have other men. Plus it's also the fact that many women are attracted to the whole mysterious man persona of oh wow he didn't text back Wth? ... Of course eventually they get some self esteem and grow up.

• so how the hell does one get the girl he likes then? playing games? it's either you be honest and stay stuck wanking in a catch 22 or you play them. you girls demand to be played

• and not just played, many guys are emotionally distant because of that

• Like I said... Eventually they grow up. I won't pretend I was never like that. I was when I was in hs. Then I realized not everyone is going to like me or reciprocate my feelings so once I learned that and started ignoring wannabe players, they're all over what they can't have. I think it's human nature. Honestly be upfront and honest and spend time together. The more you know each other an respect each other... The less likely either will play games.

• If the girls year not really interested in keep txting you don't reply back I know it sounds mean if year don't really have that kind of interest in them they seem to with you if stop txting sooner or later they will get the message and stop txting you if they don't you could say me and my girlfriend are going out soon even if you don't have one we can be friends though me and my girl friend are really serious about one another if can't accept that ignore them all togeather.

• that not only sounds mean, but it IS mean. I know I always have the option to just stop texting back to her, but merely lying to her and saying I have a girlfriend is stupid. Then she'll be pissed me not texting back and spread rumors about me saying I'm a lying jerk. That's a stupid way to avoid problems, if anything it'll create them.

• eh, true. But I'll take a girl texting me anyday over having stupid nasty rumors by some crazy chick.

• Ok fair anougth people who listen to rumours are stupid there mostly bullsh*t

• I don't know, all I know is that all girls aren't like that, maybe they like you and hope for the best.

• Because we are afraid of getting hurt & when we meet a guy that is too good to be true it makes us feel a little insecure.

• Heres the answer plain and simple dude. Its the chase.

• Imagine how hard for someone to KNOW what the others're thinking for real. Maybe in your mindset, you're sure that you talk to them like an acquaintance and even don't care about what they're talking at all. But to them, they may think that's just how you usually talk to people: cool, calm, manly... Especially when you answer all their sms, they'd be even more assured that they still have a big chance with you.

And when you pamper the girl with all of your attention, maybe she's freaked out because of your smitten performance or maybe you haven't met your right girl yet.

• So, really- the best way to get a girl is to COMPLETELY play her or not care about her. And when we do care they(you) won't accept that?...

• LOL if you do so, you might just get the girls looking for one night stand. What I really mean is that you should know the approriate extend to show your feeling to the girls at the very beginning of your relationship.

• It's not reverse psychology at all. It's supply and demand.

The less attractive girls are less attractive. They are more interested in you and willing to give you a chance. They aren't interested in you because you ignore them, they are interested in you because they are interested in you.

The more attractive girls are more attractive. They have other options and are harder to catch. They aren't uninterested in you because you show them attention, you are only aware of their disinterest because of your attention. Their own attention, likewise, is elsewhere...

Everyone has this problem, until, eventually, you meet someone who is a nice balance of your attraction towards them and their attraction towards you.

• well just because I treat them like a gentleman doesn't necessarily mean I've interested or attracted to them. It's just the fact of being nice.

• Yeah, you aren't doing anything wrong... they are just really crushing on you. It happens to everyone.

What Guys Said 4

• To put it simply its because the way women are wired is a complete paradox that defies logic. It's not hard to learn and understand, but when it comes to making logical sense, everything is backwards.

They want guys who give them no attention, because it makes you stand out among the other guys who are interested. This is self defeating on the part of women, because commonly they are falling for the one guy who is never interested.

Under the same regard, they guy who actually treats them poorly, is the guy they fear the least. She already knows what he's capable off so she doesn't have to fear something bad popping up. Again, its a paradox because it causes her to constantly end up with the guys who will actually be the ones to end up hurting her. While some guys can seem nice and turn out bad, that only accounts for <10% of men. Usually what you see is what you get.

Women also like mystery. Is sexually appealing when a guys isn't fully known to her. Again, it doesn't makes sense because the guy who she doesn't know is the one who is more likely to hurt her, or that a relationship is more likely to go sour because they didn't know each other well enough to make sure the two of them are truly compatible.

Basically, if you look at statistics, relationship expert advice, psychological data, and simple history, most of the time the things that make great relationships are the philosophies generally harbored by men, not women. For example, usually being friends first make great relationships, but this is typically a male only preference. For this reason, I like to think that women are a dysfunctional and self destructive gender. It could explain why throughout history, women have served for submissive roles and generally have not be leaders. Also, while I am not religious, its interesting to note that it was Eve who made the original sin, not Adam. So even based on religion, you can argue, it is the female who is the flawed and sinful gender.

• I really like this question...

• That happens to me too, and I am a natural at it. It bugs the hell out of women. However, I don't show anyone special treatment, I treat everyone exactly the same. The problem is, some women take it as a sign of disinterest and move on. Others will latch on harder, for fear of losing you. I think it's just the chase and them wanting what they cannot have.

• I've always wondered about this