How do you chose between friends and your boyfriend?

I have been with my boyfriend for a while now, and we are crazy about each other. I plan on marrying him, and spending the rest of my life with him. But lately I have noticed that I barely see any of my friends at all. All of them have been complaining saying how he has changed me and I'm not the girl I used to be before we started dating. The thing about most of my friends is that they still want me to be single to go out to clubs and bars. They don't accept the fact I'm in a serious relationship because I used to never be that girl. My boyfriend has had enough when it comes to them because all they do is talk badly about him and our relationship. But he means everything to me, I am extremely happy with him. I just don't want to lose all of my friends because I am with him, I don't think that's exactly fair to me.. And my boyfriend has pretty much told me that he doesn't want me around them because they are disrespectful and put me in situations I shouldn't be in. And my friends all say if I don't make time for them then I will lose them. Any advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• If your friends really are your friends and your boyfriend really loves you or cares about you, none of them will make you choose them over the other person. You should be able to spend time with everyone important in your life. That's what it would be like if I had a boyfriend. I don't have many good friends these days, but if I did, I'd expect him to let me hang with my friends when I can. I'd also expect him to let me have my "me time" when I need to be alone. In return, I'd want him to spend time with his friends. I know how important friends are, so I'd never try to get in the middle of that. It would be even better if my boyfriend and friends would get along and we could all hang together from time to time.

If your boyfriend is right about the way your friends are treating you, then I agree with him. They aren't true friends if all they do is complain and try to sabotage your relationship. They should be happy for you and try to get to know the guy, or at the very least learn how to be civil. As for your friends, I think you could still go to clubs and bars if you're in a relationship. Just don't get with other guys while you're out. That's simple enough.

What Guys Said 3

• keep a balance. Give time for your Boyfriend as well as your friends . Your boyfriend don't own you, so you shud be able to go and hv some fun without him. In my opinion, its not bad to go to clubs and bars and hv some fun even if you are in a relationship

• Sounds like two or three people who need to grow up, I have so many friends I can afford to lose a few, you should be able to make some more too

• Choose none or choose your bf

What Girls Said 3

• First I understand that your boyfriend might be pissed, but that doesn't give him the right to diss your friends. Second, your friends aren't real friends if they can't be happy for you and are dissing your boyfriend. they are not respecting girl code here. I wouldn't want those friends anyway if I were you. But if you do, make them understand that you're really happy right now, and you're in your honeymoon phase so this is to be expected. But your friends are right on some levels, if you don't make time for them, you will start losing them. this is a balancing act. I'm not telling you to ignore your boyfriend, but you must make time for your friends too. Say yes to going out with your friends half the time. If your boyfriend really loves u, he would understand. Your friends are saying you have changed, because you used to be casual about your relationships, right? Well, maybe the change was for the better? For you, not for your friends. Make them understand that.

• I've had that problem before, and I my opinion is that they must not be real friends if they can't be happy for me, or accept you don't want to go running around anymore. I think they should grow up, and if you see a real future with him stay with him...

• If I was you I wouldn't worry about what others say I would just be with my boyfriend. That's what I do people tell me stuff but I just ignore them.. I use to hang out with a lot of friend not I don't anymore either though because I have a boyfriend