Brains of GAG - Riddle me this...

Let's say you have this girl. She has a problem. She's obsessing over a guy.

I mean real deep obsession, two-steps-away-from-boiling-his-bunny obsession.

The guy she's obsessed about has moved on. He's in another relationship. He's happy.

But the obsessed girl continues to go after him, stalk him, try to contact him, even though he's made it clear that he doesn't want to hear from her.

Now here's the catch - the girl is looking for advice. What to do?

My own personal thinking is that girls who are this deluded, can't take sane advice on board. (The sane advice being, let him go, he's over you, you'll never get him back, the best you'll do is see him in court when he's filing restraint orders against you.)

The more you try to point out the solution to a girl like this, the more she'll dig her heels in and do the opposite.

So... what advice can you give someone like this? Assuming you can't just throw your hands up and walk off in disgust. Is there anything you can think of, which might get through to her?

i want to stress again, the very real possibility that the girl may be psychiatrically unbalanced.

Most Helpful Guy

• How long has it been going on for?

• Call it 6 months.

• I'll just say I learned my lesson about "confronting" obsesses stalker girls. God what a mess. Ignore ignore ignore... =P I don't know if she is over me yet, hear friends still kind of look at me with smiles, but I know she was still obsessed about 2 months ago and it's been over 2 years. =|

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• 1 - You KNOW deep down that walking away IS the real only thing you can do, but seeing as how that option is not on the table...

2 - Turn that ardor into anger. She'll never be able to cope sanely or move on it, so you have to do the next best thing. Make her think that the guy spat on her love by moving on, and that she should do something similar by finding someone else to make him pay.

• I have to admit, I haven't tried option 2 there, simply because the obsession was so deep, I didn't think distraction or refocusing would work.

But it's an option! Thanks for the input.

• This girl better be your sister or something man. This is poco loco to the tenth power.